Welcome to the Center for Academic Success!
(formerly the Learning Lab)
What students are saying about us...
"The staff are very helpful."
"If you don't understand something when you come down here, you will when you leave."
"Everyone I work with listens to what I say and tries to help me learn in the best way I can."
Location: Sangamon Hall, Lower Level (beneath the library)
Hours: Please visit individual CAS service pages for a listing of hours for a particular service.
The LLCC Center for Academic Success strives to provide a coordinated and accessible array of services to promote individual learning and enhance in-class performance, with the intent of engaging students in their personal success.
What's going on now in the Center for Academic Success?
Now offering FREE Accuplacer Prep Workshops! This workshop will provide you with successful study tools to help you prepare for the LLCC placement test.
Topics include: General test-prep skills, taking computerized exams, utilizing reading, writing and math practice materials and managing test anxiety.
Click HERE to view a schedule of seminar dates and times.
To register for an Accuplacer Prep Workshop, you may contact the Center for Academic Success at 217.786.2396 or click HERE to be directed to our online registration form.
Sign up for one of our FREE Smart Start Seminars! This 50-minute seminar is an absolute must for students who are new to college or those who are returning to college after a period of absence. The Smart Start Seminar provides students with the necessary tools to achieve academic success in college courses.
Topics include: Introduction to study skills, time management, reading and questioning texts, taking effective notes, memory and test taking. Participants will receive a free Academic Success Kit.
Click HERE to download a schedule of seminar dates and times.
To register for a Smart Start Seminar, you may contact the Center for Academic Success at 217.786.2396 or click HERE to be directed to our online registration form.
Space is limited! Register today!
FREE services available through the Center for Academic Success include:
- Make-up testing for classroom, online and hybrid courses (a place where students can make-up a test that was missed in class; coordinated with your instructors)
- Math Center (experienced math faculty and tutors available to provide you with walk-in help for any LLCC math course)
- Peer Tutoring (highly trained peer tutors available to provide you with individualized content help for most LLCC courses)
- Personal Counseling (licensed, professional available to help you with personal or stress management issues)
- Accessibility Services (supportive services for our special needs student population)
- Academic Success Professionals (experienced professionals available to help you with individualized study skills help, applicable to any course)
- Supplemental Instruction and Study Groups (small guided group study sessions)
- Writing Center (professional, individualized writing assistance for any LLCC course)
Workshops and Seminars (learn about our Smart Start Seminars and other free workshops covering a variety of academic topics)
THINK OF THE CENTER FOR ACADEMIC SUCCESS AS A FITNESS CENTER, NOT AN EMERGENCY ROOM. DON'T WAIT! CALL US TODAY!