Before the Internship Experience
- Be sure you meet the internship eligibility requirements.
- Bring your signed “Internship Eligibility” document to Christie when you have your face-to-face meeting. If you do not yet have an internship site, we can fill in those items later.…
- Bring your signed “Waiver and Release Agreement” document to Christie when you have your face-to-face meeting.
- Login to WebAdvisor, create a copy of your transcripts and then paste them into a Word document that is then saved and attached to an email to Christie.
- Double-check that you have completed or are in the process of completing the majority of your CAS and COS courses.
- Locate an internship site. If you use your current employer, you will have to add to your current job responsibilities. The activities to be completed as part of your internship need to vary from those normally expected as part of your current employment.
- Create or update your resume and cover letter.
- Send your cover letter and your resume to the potential internship site.
Once the Internship Site Has Been Determined
- Notify your internship coordinator, Christie, at LLCC providing the start date.
- Provide full contact information for your internship site that includes the supervisor’s name, title, company name, email address, street address, city, zip, phone, and fax.
- Work with your internship coordinator to obtain a job description and to arrange your work schedule…send these to Christie during the first week of your internship.
During the Internship
- Complete the weekly employment record and email or fax to Christie each week.
- Write the two reports using correct grammar and spelling by the due date. Arrange to have both papers reviewed by an LLCC Writing Center specialist during Weeks 1-7 so your paper is ready to be submitted in final form at the start of Week 9 of the fall or spring semesters.
- Notify Christie immediately if the experience is not what you desire.