Weather and Climate • Economic Geography • GIS • Culture • Population • Political Geography
Key Program Features
“Geography is unique in linking the social sciences and natural sciences together. There are two main branches of geography: human geography and physical geography. Human geography is concerned with the spatial aspects of human existence. Physical geographers study patterns of climates, landforms, vegetation, soils, and water. Geographers use many tools and techniques in their work and geographic technologies, including GIS, are increasingly among the most important emerging fields for understanding our complex world.”
– From the American Association of Geographers (AAG) website: www.aag.org
What students say about the geography program at LLCC …
- “During my time at Lincoln Land Community College, and within the department of geography in particular, I gained the crucial skills and hands-on experience that helped me thrive thanks to the one-on-one attention and mentoring from faculty. I feel that my time at LLCC gave me an advantage over most other students working through the geography program at my four-year school. I am also excited to be starting a graduate program in geographical studies this fall, and I know that I would not be where I am today if it were not for the encouragement and support of my geography professor at LLCC.”
– Susie Oettle, former LLCC Geography student
- “The geography program at Lincoln Land Community College gave me the opportunity to explore everything that geography entails. The geography program here at LLCC opened my eyes to all of the different directions a degree in geography can take you by offering a wide variety of classes in different geography topics. LLCC’s geography program prepared me for the transition to a four-year university by giving me the necessary skills to meet the expectations of a large university.”
– Thomas Walker, former LLCC Geography student
Careers in Geography
Weather and Climate
• Climate change analyst
• Weatherization installer and technician
• Transportation manager
• Market researcher
• Business development
• Real estate appraiser
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
• Geospatial analyst
• GIS developer
• GIS analyst
• Transportation planner
• Environmental consultant
• Tour guide and escort
• Area, ethnic, and cultural studies teacher
• Historic preservationist
• Market analyst
• Population, real estate, community association
• Urban and regional planner
• Community organizer
• Policy consultant
Click on the program offered below to learn more about it.
Investment in Your Future
The 2018-2019 standard in-district tuition rate is $129.50 per credit hour for geography program courses. Fees are $11 per credit hour. Get more information on tuition and fees.
Books for classes sold separately.
Get information about paying for college.
To get started, fill out an online admission application.