Degree & Certificate Programs
Click on each program offered below to learn more about it.
- Early Childhood Care and Education • Associate in Applied Science
- For students interested in seeking careers working with young children.
- Career options include child development center aide, teacher and director; family child-care provider; nursery school teacher or aide; school age child-care worker; playground supervisor; and family support worker.
- Early Childhood Education Credential Level II • Certificate of Completion
- Early Childhood Education Credential Level III • Certificate of Completion
- Elementary Education • Associate in Arts
- Designed for students planning to complete a baccalaureate program in Elementary Education
- Students who complete this degree are interested in pursuing careers as elementary teachers in public/private schools.
- The grade level focus ranges from early childhood (pre-K) through junior high school
- Secondary Education • Associate in Arts
- Designed for students planning to complete a baccalaureate program in Secondary Education.
- Students who intend to teach high school should be aware that secondary education usually requires a major in a subject matter discipline (for example: English, Music, History, etc.)
- Physical Education • Associate in Science
- Meets beginning course requirements for students planning to complete a baccalaureate program in physical education.
- May also prepare students for careers in related fields such as Physical Therapy, Sports Management, Sports Psychology, Coaching, etc.
Important information for all education programs:
- Students planning to transfer are recommended to verify senior-institution requirements, which may vary.
- It is strongly recommended that all students successfully complete the ITBS before continuing to a senior institution.
- EDU 201 includes 30 hours of clinical field experience..