- Complete the Orientation for Online Students before the semester starts.
- Plan time each day to work on your online course, try to make it the same time each day to develop a routine.
- Remember, your online course will require as much work as your face-to-face class. Start your assignments early and don’t get behind.
- Contact your instructor immediately if you have a question.
- Check your LLCC email account daily.
- Create a folder on your computer for each online course you are taking. Name the folder the same name as the online course. Use a flash drive to backup all of your course work.
- Keep a notebook for each online course to organize your printed documents.
Additional Information for Online Learning Success:
Guide to Online Course Success:
Study tips and recommendations for success as an online student.
Test Taking Tips:
Please read the Test Taking Tips page before you begin any online quiz or exam.
Discussion Board Tips:
Information prepared to help you successfully participate in your online course discussions.
Center for Academic Success:
The Center for Academic Success provides students with a full assortment of academic-support services. The Learning Lab website has many useful handouts and tools available for your convenience.
Visit the LLCC Library homepage first when you have a research assignment in your online class. Many of the libraries research databases are available online.
You may be required to take tests and exams with a test proctor. This can be done on the main campus or at any of our outreach centers throughout the district. Review all testing requirements for your online course and contact your instructor for specific instructions first.