Description and Outcomes
Lincoln Land Community College
Fall 2016-Spring 2017
Program Mission Statement:
The mission of the Assessment Proficiency Program at LLCC is to increase participants’ understanding of assessment practices and to promote a culture of assessment by engaging participants in a variety of assessment-related activities.
The Assessment Proficiency Project (APP) at LLCC is designed to increase understanding of assessment practices and to promote a culture of assessment through participation in identified assessment activities. To a limited number of full-time faculty participants and program directors, and all new full-time faculty, this project will offer an opportunity to complete assessment activities during the 2016-17 academic year. Upon completion of the project, full-time faculty participants who have met the project requirements will receive additional professional development funds equivalent to the annual amount in the current contract.
Upon completion of the APP participants will be able to:
1. Define basic assessment concepts.
2. Construct a curriculum map.
3. Complete an assessment cycle at the course level.
4. Identify an increase in their assessment knowledge.
5. Identify ways assessment improves teaching and learning.
To fulfill the requirements of the APP, participants must complete the following items:
1. Session 1: Introduction to the APP (F2F Meeting September 9th 3pm)
2. Session 2: Assessment Concepts Presentation and Quiz (Online – Due by September 30th)
3. Session 3: How to Complete a Curriculum Map (Online)
4. Complete Curriculum Map for Program (Upload Excel Map to Blackboard by October 21st)
5. Session 4: How to Conduct Course-Level Assessment (Online)
6. Complete Course-Level Assessment Report for at least two different courses taught: a. Course-Level Assessment Report 1 (Submit by December 16th) and b. Course-Level Assessment Report 2 (Submit by May 5th)
7. Session 5: Course-Level Assessment Questions/Discussion (F2F Meeting November 11th 3pm)
8. Session 6: Course-Level Assessment Feedback Discussion (F2F Meeting February 10th 3pm)
9. Session 7: APP Wrap UP Discussion (F2F Meeting April 14th 3pm)
10. Complete APP Exit Survey (Online – Complete by May 12th)
Additionally, participants must complete three of the following:
11. Participate in any of the college-wide assessment projects (such as GEAR, pilot projects, and others as indicated by the college).
12. Make an assessment presentation at an LLCC workshop, Department/Discipline meeting or other workshop/conference outside of the college.
13. Attend three pre-selected assessment workshops at LLCC and submit reflection worksheet for each workshop attended. (Upload reflection worksheets to Blackboard by May 5th).
14. Complete four approved assessment readings and submit reflection worksheet for each reading completed (Upload reflection worksheets to Blackboard by May 5th).
Updated August 8, 2016