LLCC offers career pathways to earn college credit toward a certificate or degree with the support of caring career/technical education and basic skills instructors, student support services and a transition advisor. Each step on a career pathway is designed to prepare students for the next level of education and employment. Students must be motivated with a desire to explore the possibilities of a new profession.
Benefits of Enrolling in an Adult Career Pathway:
- Adult Career Pathways use a team-teaching approach, giving students the support of a career and technical education instructor and a basic skills instructor.
- Adult Career Pathways students have access to ongoing advising/counseling and support services.
- Students complete a career interest survey and participate in career planning.
- Pathways are designed for students to earn college credits and at least one credential, certificate and/or degree.
Eligibility Requirements and Guidelines:
- Must be highly motivated and committed to achieving career and educational goals.
- Must demonstrate a deficiency in reading, writing and/or math.
- Must apply for federal financial aid.
- Must attend academy week.
Career Pathways may include:
- Healthcare Careers
- Manufacturing Careers
- Early Childhood Education Careers
In addition to career-specific coursework, classes provide instruction in job search strategies, employability skills, technology skills and college success skills.
- LLCC-Springfield (main campus)