Registration for Spring 2019 classes is now open!
Call 217.524.6749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Train for a new career today!
Pharmacy technicians are entry-level personnel that work in many different pharmacy settings within the health care industry. They assist the pharmacist as the right-hand person in many different pharmacy practice settings. One of the main duties of a pharmacy technician are to enter patient data and information into the computer system to process prescriptions. They are also responsible for dispensing commercially available medication, compounding specialty orders, and/or preparing intravenous medications.
• Community or retail pharmacies
• Specialty pharmacies
• Mail-order pharmacies
• Nuclear pharmacies
• Hospital pharmacies
• Infusion centers
• Home healthcare
• Legal firms
• Pharmaceutical companies
• State boards of pharmacy
• Certification agencies
salary may vary depending on location, experience and hours
Employment in this field is expected to grow by 47,600 jobs by 2026.
Spring 2019 Course Details
January 8 – June 6, 2019
Tuesday evenings (this is a hybrid course)
6 – 9 p.m.
April 15 – May 24, 2019
$2,950 (materials, lab fees & externship)
95 Hours – 64 hours are classroom instruction
120 Hours – Hands-on externship
Eligible candidates must:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Be proficient in English
• Have adequate understanding of 9th/10th grade algebra and arithmetic
• Drug testing and criminal background check may be required for employment
• Desktop or laptop computer
• Reliable internet access
The Pharmacy Technician program prepares students for two national certification exams:
• Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
• Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (EXCPT) offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
Follow the Capital City Training Center on Facebook!
Call 217.524.6749 or email email@example.com with questions.