Attend a free information session on Monday, May 8 at 5:30 p.m.
Call 217.524.6749 or email email@example.com to register for the information session.
Train for a new career today!
Pharmacy technicians are entry-level personnel that work in many different pharmacy settings within the health care industry. They assist the pharmacist as the right-hand person in many different pharmacy practice settings. One of the main duties of a pharmacy technician are to enter patient data and information into the computer system to process prescriptions. They are also responsible for dispensing commercially available medication, compounding specialty orders, and/or preparing intravenous medications.
• Community or retail pharmacies
• Specialty pharmacies
• Mail-order pharmacies
• Nuclear pharmacies
• Hospital pharmacies
• Infusion centers
• Home healthcare
• Legal firms
• Pharmaceutical companies
• State boards of pharmacy
• Certification agencies
salary may vary depending on location, experience and hours
Employment in this field is expected to grow by 70,700 jobs by 2022.
For more information on the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook and working as a Pharmacy Technician, visit: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/pharmacy-technicians.htm
Fall 2017 Course Details
July 17 – December 18
Monday & Wednesday
6 – 9:45 p.m.
$3,500 (includes books, materials & lab fees)
Register Today! (217) 524-6749
Eligible candidates must:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Be proficient in English
• Have adequate understanding of 9th/10th grade algebra and arithmetic
• Drug testing and criminal background check may be required for employment
The Pharmacy Technician program prepares for two national certification exams:
• Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
• Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (EXCPT) offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
Call 217.524.6749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.