Project Management is found in almost every business. Ensure your project succeeds with project management training.
Our ALIPRO training courses can be customized and delivered in context with business operation processes or a change management vision to better engage your organization’s members in specific performance roles. A workshop can be organized for project teams with the purpose of producing their project plan.
Do you have questions or would you like to register? Call 217.524.6749 for email firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Management 101
As a preface to all other Project Management trainings, establish the need to align project objectives to business goals and uncover four project management practice basics. Learn how to capture ‘gaps’ that are missing in your current practice and begin to identify actions to close the gaps. Participants learn:
- Project alignment for return on investment value
- The practice requirements of the four project management basics
- How implementation of good/better/best practice will improve their project performance
- To identify gaps in their project management practice and actions to close them
8a.m. – 5p.m.
Registration Deadline: January 2
PMI PDUs: 8
Project Planning Cycle
Discover the effective planning techniques and tools to build an all-inclusive project activity plan that can be used to manage the entire project life cycle. This ‘paper-planning’ course focuses on demonstrating all Planning Cycle steps without the use of software. Participants learn:
- Use the Project Charter to define project deliverables and constraints
- Incorporate the project delivery phases, deliverables and reviews in the project plan
- Define elements of project work using a Work Breakdown Structure
- Define all of the work tasks required to complete the project deliverables
- Create and use a Network Logic Diagram to calculate the project schedule and identify the project’s current critical activity path
- Optimize the schedule to deliver to business and customer constraints
- Identify, address and communicate any project risk and associated risk reduction plans
- Use the plan to forecast project resource needs and costs to completion
February 8 – 9
8a.m. – 5p.m.
Registration Deadline: January 25
PMI PDUs: 16
Project Delivery Cycle
Projects enter the Project Delivery Cycle after they are accepted by the business and are allocated a budget. Proactive management of the Project Delivery Cycle is paramount to ensuring the project delivers customer satisfaction. Learn effective tools and techniques to execute and control project direction. Understand the importance of performing tasks to schedule dates, following a routine task update process to keep the plan current, and your responsibility to prepare for and contribute to project reviews. Participants learn to:
- Use Activity Sheets to execute their scheduled tasks
- Follow a task updating routine to keep the project plan current
- Use the plan and Issues & Actions Report to co-ordinate day-to-day project execution
- Prepare for and run action-oriented project review team meetings
- Enroll all team members to identify and resolve project issues and bottlenecks
- Manage the project targets to ensure the project delivers its expected return
March 15 – 16
8a.m. – 5p.m.
Registration Deadline: March 1
PMI PDUs: 16
Project Management Professional Certification Training
Becoming registered as a certified Project Management Professional is a recognition achievement for individuals who chose careers in project management fields or project oriented businesses. The PMP® Prep Course is designed for participants wanting to pass the Project Management Professional certification test. By taking this course you will have a dedicated PMP® instructor who will create your personal study plan. Our Proven ALIPRO Success System – PASS will give you exam strategies and tips. Our baseline, interim and finish classroom test scores will develop your confidence in being able pass the certification exam.
This course comes with our ALIPRO PASS guarantee that states if, by following our training instruction, you do not pass the PMP® Certification exam, Alipro will re-train you and pay for your makeup exam.
January 22-26 or March 26-30
8a.m. – 5p.m.
Registration Deadline: January 1 for January class and March 5 for March class (If you miss the deadline, please call 785-0477 to see if there is still availability.)
PMI PDUs: 35
Registrants can expect the following steps after registering for the course:
- Step 1. Schedule a 15 minute conversation with instructor in order to assess your experience and ensure you meet the qualifications for the PMP course and exam.
- Step 2. Schedule a 1 hour pre-course Skype meeting with instructor two weeks before the course starts to walk you through the course pre-work, what to expect in the class, joining PMI, starting your application, using the Learning Management System (LMS) and class structure.
- Step 3. Five days prior to the course start date, ALIPRO will validate you have logged into the LMS and completed the pre-work prior to the 1st day of the course.
- Step 4. Students will take a baseline exam to assess their current PMI knowledge.
- Step 5. Students will complete the 5 day boot camp and have their progress assessed with a final exam, receive personalized study plans and schedule a 30 minute coaching session for the following week if necessary.
- Step 6. Attendees will complete their final coaching session and sign up for their PMP exam.
*Attendees will need to purchase membership through PMI.org as well as pay for their own exam.