Illinois Small Business Development Center
at Lincoln Land Community College
Phone: 217.544.SBDC (7232)
#8 South Old State Capitol Plaza
Springfield, Illinois 62701
“Providing Guidance for Business Growth”
Visit the offices of the Illinois Small Business Development Center for assistance in starting or growing your business.
You can take advantage of a variety of services–from our growing catalog of information-packed seminars to our extensive library of business and personal resources–or visit with any of our impressive roster of counselors.
The Illinois SBDC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the United States Small Business Administration, the State of Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, and Lincoln Land Community College. Nearly all of our programs and services are free to you.
Just because you are in business for yourself doesn’t mean you have to figure it all out by yourself. Visit the Illinois Small Business Development Center at Lincoln Land Community College today!
The Center can help small businesses with:
- starting a new business
- writing a business plan
- creating financial projections
- improving your marketing
- increasing sales
- record-keeping and accounting
- personnel management
- sources of credit financing
- advertising and sales promotion
- selling to government
- international trade
- understanding financial statements
- industry research
- Library: Books on marketing, advertising, business law, business start-ups, acquiring financing, and more
- Entrepreneur magazine “How to Start…” binders: step-by-step instruction on how to start over 180 different businesses
- Videos: Training tools on a variety of business topics
- Computers with business and financial software: Develop your business plan, spreadsheets, etc., or preview software that you might use in your business
- Free Internet Access: Research the world-wide web to get the information you need to make your business successful
Please contact our program assistant at 544-SBDC to schedule an appointment for one-on-one counseling or to use our library.
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and Lincoln Land Community College. The support given by the U.S. Small Business Administration through such funding does not constitute an expressed or implied endorsement of the co-sponsor(s)’ or participants’ opinions, products or services. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.