Working at EquiPower
Electrical Instrument Mechanic – Kincaid
EquiPower Resources Corp., a national independent power producer and asset management firm headquartered in Hartford, CT, is the owner and/or operator of a portfolio of natural gas fired power plants in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and South Carolina and fossil fuel fired power plants in Illinois and Massachusetts. Currently, EquiPower manages and operates power plants that total approximately 8,500 MW.
The Company is currently seeking an entry level Electrical Instrument Mechanic for its facility in Kincaid, Illinois. The incumbent of this position will assist with the maintenance of the electrical, instrumentation, control equipment and additional systems associated with a fossil fuel power plant. This is an entry level developmental position which receives technical guidance, training and assignments from higher level Electrical Instrument Mechanics.
• Assists with the inspection, test, repair, calibration, and installation of AC and DC equipment, pneumatic and digital components and systems.
• Assists higher level mechanics with more complex maintenance and repair activities.
• Performs operational activities required to support the start-up, shutdown, and normal operation of plant equipment and systems.
• Successfully completes all required safety and environmental training.
• Operates a variety of station vehicles, such as forklifts and trucks.
• Performs assigned preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, emergency maintenance and inspection of plant mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Responds to abnormal operating situations in a safe and environmentally conscious manner.
• Must be able to read and respond to computer-generated data, instrumentation, gauges, readouts and variations in color.
• Must be able to perform additional duties as assigned by plant management.
• Assists other classifications and departments with any required work.
Formal Education & Certification
• High School Diploma or GED
• Associates Degree, technical school certificate or military training in the instrument controls area or a closely related field is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, and maintenance instrument manuals.
• Instrumentation background, e.g. calibrating transmitters, actuators, PH probes, and work with PLC’s.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Team player with good communication skills and the ability to follow directions.
• Ability to interact with co-workers and all levels of management in a professional manner.
• Position requires working on feet for extended working hours and varied shifts with weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules.
• Must be able to frequently climb stairs; climb ladders to and work from elevated platforms and walkways of 75 feet or more.
• This job requires the ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions while exposed to heat, cold, operating machinery, energized wires, loud noise, dust, grease, oil and fumes.
• The job also requires carrying, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Personal protective equipment must be work in performance of some duties, e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, chemical suits and high voltage protective equipment.
• Applicants for this position must successfully complete a computer based aptitude test battery which will be administered on site by HR.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and references by email to EquiPowerjobs@eqpwr.com
or on paper mailed to Kincaid Generation LLC, PO Box 260, Attention HR, Kincaid, IL 62540. Resumes and references must be received by 5pm CT, June 6, 2014. Please be sure to specify location and position title on your email and resume.
EquiPower Resources Corp. is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. EquiPower Resources Corp. ensures equal employment opportunity to all applicants without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, sex, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, physical or mental disability of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in a uniform service, engaging in legally protected activity, or other characteristic protected under applicable law.