Adults (50 and greater) are invited to join this group of individuals devoted to the lifelong pursuit of learning. With 10 to 12 opportunities available each month, the Academy provides enjoyable experiences in learning with a variety of opportunities to develop new friendships.
To join the Academy of Lifelong Learning (ALL), please call us at 217-786-2432 or download and complete the ALL Membership Form and return it to us with your payment.
Beginning January 1, 2018, opportunity to join at half-year membership fee of $35. This is a $25 discount off the annual membership fee. We invite you to begin the full benefits of the Academy membership; you can attend lectures, discussions and activity groups, presentations and hands-on activities. Travel opportunities and breakfast speaker programs are offered for a modest additional fee. Enjoy active learning and social interaction in a lively format!
For a half-year membership fee of $65, with a discount of $55 off the annual membership fee, to enjoy all privileges of regular membership, plus 50 percent off most non-credit Community Education (CEW) classes. (Exceptions: Culinary Institute offerings, foreign languages, and travel opportunities; special discounts may apply).
- Today’s Topics – varied subjects of current interest
- Chautauqua Series – Each year, three-four special series of trio lectures and related discussions
- Flicks on Fridays (FOF) – movie classics (September – April)
- Breakfast Roundtable (BRT) – breakfast with local speakers (extra fee applies)
- Wander on Wednesdays (WOW) – Day trips held March-June, Aug-Dec (extra fee applies)
- Meet, Greet and Eat (MGE) – Monthly dinner events, open to prospective members (extra fee applies)
- Around Town – Various group adventures throughout the community
- Tech Talk – Discussions, lectures and some hands-on technology lessons
Special interest groups
- Swinging Seniors Golfers
- The Pedal Pushers (bicyclists)
- Book Lovers
- Bowling League
Senior News and Times articles
- May-June-July 2017: Summertime Action
- November-December-January 2016-17: ALL-Technology Tips and More
- August-September-October 2016: ALL activities ahead!
- May-June-July 2016: Spring and Summer with ALL