As we continue to encourage lifelong learning, we realize that sometimes we can learn more by putting down the book, getting out of the classroom, and going. Go with us – Let’s Travel Together!
Lincoln’s 8th Circuit
Day Trip (west side) – Friday, Sept. 7, 2018
As Lincoln experienced it at the end of the 1840s
Trip will be narrated by 8th Circuit Expert – Guy Fraker
Trip stops include Middletown, Metamora and Clinton
Bus will depart from Springfield, IL
J.C. Penney, Dirksen Parkway & South Grand Avenue
Depart 8 a.m.
Return 5:30 p.m.
Fee: $75 (plus $5 cash on bus)
Box lunch will be provided.
Registration Code: CEW 120-01
Registration Deadline: Aug. 1, 2018
Call 217-786-2432 to register
Illinois Presidents Journey
Thursday-Friday, Sept. 27-28, 2018
Hosted by Alan Lowe, executive director of theAbraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum,
and Dr. Samuel Wheeler, state historian
In conjunction with the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum Bicentennial Exhibit
• Visit the birthplace of Ronald Reagan in Tampico, Illinois.
• Learn about Reagan’s early life on a tour of his boyhood home in Dixon.
• See the President Reagan History Room and his restored 6th grade classroom
at the Northwest Territory Historic Center.
• Spend a night at the Historic DeSoto House Hotel, Illinois’ oldest operating hotel,
where rooms 209 & 211 served as Grant’s presidential campaign headquarters.
• Enjoy a guided tour of Galena, the town that Architectural Digest dubbed
“Most Beautiful Main Street in America” in 2017.
• Tour the homes of Ulysses S. Grant and Elihu Washburne to learn about their
careers and friendship with Abraham Lincoln.
• Explore the history of the area at the Galena/Jo Daviess County History Museum.
The bus will leave LLCC Cass Gym parking lot at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 27,
and return on Friday, Sept. 28, around 8 p.m.
Course Code and Fees
• CEW 121-03 Fee $325 plus $17 cash on bus (double room occupancy)
• CEW 121-04 Fee $65 (single supplement for private hotel room)
Note: All meals, admissions, gratuities and tips are included in the fee.
Registration and deposit of $125 due no later than July 31, 2018. Balance due by registration deadline Aug. 30, 2018.
Please call LLCC Community Education at 786-2432 to register by phone with a credit card.
To register online, go to WebAdvisor and use course code CEW 121-03. For the single room supplement, also register for CEW 121-04. Via WebAdvisor, the full trip fee will be due at time of registration. The deadline to register is Aug. 30.
Cancellations: Cancellations may be subject to a fee unless a replacement is available.
Please mail registration form and check payable to LLCC Community Education, Lincoln Land Community College 5250 Shepherd Rd., Springfield, IL 62794-9256.
Follow LLCC Community Education on Facebook for updates and announcements about our class offerings!