- Anime Japanese / Grades 6-8 From formal and informal Japanese phrases to origami creations, in this fun class you’ll learn the basics of Japanese conversation and culture through your favorite Anime series!
- American Sign Language / Grades K-2 & 3-5 Basic vocabulary, manners, introductions, and conversations are all part of this truly hands-on American Sign Language class.
- Backyard Ballistics/Grades 6-8 Put basic engineering skills into practice as you build, tweak and test custom catapults and trebuchets, both inside the classroom and out in the testing field!
- Brain Games / Grades 3-5 New puzzles, quizzles, and construction challenges will push your spatial, logic, and creative skills to the ultimate problem-solving test!
- Camp Read a Lot / Grades K-2 Books, “campfire” stories, crafts, and camping activities are all included at this campground, er, classroom!
- Candy Chemistry / Grades 3-5 Eye-popping experiments covering topics such as color, density and heat will help you unwrap the secrets lurking inside your favorite sticky, sweet and colorful treats.
- Country Creator / Grades 3-5 It’s a big world out there, and you can be a part of it by creating your own country – including maps, geography, flags, government, economy and more!
- Dragon Genetics / Grades 6-8 Investigate DNA through cell extraction, K’NEX model builds, egg experiments and creative dragon designs!
- Eric Carle: Imagination / Grades K-2 See the world through the eyes of famous author Eric Carle as you read his works and create your own colorfully imagined and inspired projects.
- Finance and Success / Grades 6-8 Get hands-on experience budgeting time and money, learn the importance of giving, and get motivated to take positive action as you reap the benefits of developing positive money management skills!
- Full STEAM Ahead / Grades 3-5 & 6-8 Experience fun and engaging challenges as you work together to solve problems by thinking creatively and strategically in this dynamic class of science, technology, engineering, arts and math activities!
- I Can Relate / Grades 6-8 Participate in a variety of activities and scenarios to develop a dynamic set of communication and social skills that cultivate character development and support thriving, healthy relationships in all areas of your current and future life!
- I Can Relate 2 / Grades 6-8 Dig deeper into the importance of healthy communication through a stronger understanding of social issues, building resiliency, increasing self-esteem, and learning key prevention skills. Pre-requisite I Can Relate.
- LEGO Explorers / Grades K-2 Builders are given daily challenges and are encouraged to build creatively in this hands-on LEGO class!
- Flight of Fantasy / Grades 6-8 Paint with acrylics and create with collage to bring your fantastic subjects to life. Swim with a mermaid? Fly through space? Your subject is only as limited as your imagination…
- Mirror Image / Girls Grades 6-8 Young women are invited to boost their self-confidence and self- image with meditation, affirmations, yoga and writing to find and express their unique gifts. Yoga mat encouraged.
- Mirror Image 2 / Girls Grades 6-8 Continue your journey towards greater self-acceptance and empowerment through discussion, writing and yoga. Yoga mat encouraged. Pre-requisite Mirror Image.
- Point and Impress / Grades 6-8 Learn about Impressionism & Pointillism through the exploration of famous artists – then create with acrylic paint to express your own inner artist.
- Powerful Potions / Grades 3-5 Transform basic home chemistry into the magic of Harry Potter’s universe! Learn the science behind the real world chemical reactions as you make Troll Snot, Exploding Polyjuice and more.
- Rocketry/Grades 6-8 Work in teams to build and test rockets, inside and out, in this basic aerodynamics and engineering class!
- Sew Cool / Grades 3-5 Practice basic sewing skills such as basic stitches and cording as you work to compete your own drawstring backpack project to take home!
- Spa Science / Grades 3-5 Experiment with acids and bases, emulsifiers, and melting points while making fun take-home spa products like lip balm, bath bombs, and more!
- Space is the Place / Grades 3-5 If you were “over the moon” about this year’s lunar eclipse, you’ll love the interstellar exploration activities in this class about our very own Milky Way!
- Speedometry / Grades K-2 Hot Wheels® action along with other scientific “toys” and track combine to accelerate learning in this speedy class!
- Summer Senses / Grades 3-5 It’s an open door for summer fun in this totally hands-on class! Scented glitter paint, ocean slime, and rainbow ice are just a few of the experiences that will appeal to ALL of your senses!
- Zoo Time / Grades K-2 Animal lovers are welcome to dive in to hands-on activities about favorite familiar (and not so familiar!) zoo critters!
GRADES K – 2
GRADES 3 – 5
GRADES 6 – 8
For continuous updates, photo coverage, and the latest program information, like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/LLCCCollegeForKids