Philosophy and Goals: First-Year Student Experience
Lincoln Land Community College is committed to providing an environment that promotes a smooth and effective transition to collegiate life which enhances each first-year student's academic success, personal growth, and social development.
- LLCC is committed to increasing first-year student academic success, persistence, retention and satisfaction.
- LLCC will provide first-year students with the information and counseling needed to successfully complete the enrollment process and facilitate transition to the college campus.
- LLCC will communicate college expectations and inform first-year students of their responsibility to practice behaviors necessary to be successful.
- LLCC will encourage an appreciation by students for diversity in all of its forms.
- LLCC shall promote understanding among the college community of the vital role that each faculty and staff member plays in first-year student retention and success.
- LLCC will provide instruction that incorporates the appropriate academic support needed by first-year students while maintaining the academic standards set forth by the college community.
- LLCC will provide opportunities for personal and social growth by promoting extracurricular activities sponsored by the college community.
- LLCC will provide support services and opportunities to nurture a sense of belonging and inclusion in the college community.