APPLY FOR BENEFITS EARLY. IT CAN TAKE SEVERAL WEEKS FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF VETERAN AFFAIRS TO DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TUITION AND BOOKS UNTIL YOU BEGIN RECEIVING BENEFITS.
1. Apply for your GI Bill-Veterans Administration benefits.
2. If applicable, apply for your State of Illinois Veterans Grant or your Illinois National Guard Grant. National Guard members must submit a copy of your approval letter to the LLCC Veterans Affairs Office as soon as it is received.
3. Request a military transcript from your branch of service to be forwarded to the LLCC Office of Admissions and Records.
4. Obtain your DD-214 Member 4.
5. Apply for admission to LLCC.
6. If needed, take the placement test in the LLCC Placement Testing Office.
7. See an academic advisor in the LLCC Advising and Counseling Office to choose your classes and complete an LLCC Veterans Affairs Data Worksheet and a registration form.
8. Register for your classes by submitting your registration form to the LLCC Registration Services Office which is across the hall from the Advising and Counseling Office.
9. Submit all of the following items at one time to the LLCC Veterans Affairs Office:
-GI Bill certification letter from Step 1
-DD-214 Member 4 from Step 4
-your LLCC Veterans Affairs Data Worksheet from Step 7
Information on GI Bill Educational Benefits START HERE
- State of Illinois Benefits & Scholarship START HERE
- Grade Standards for GI Bill and State of Illinois Benefits START HERE