Did you know LLCC has employment opportunities for students to work on campus? You can earn while you learn! Working on campus allows you to gain work experience in an environment suitable for fostering learning. Students are now able to view all available student worker positions and apply for them online.
To start the process to become a Student Worker, all you need to do is follow these 3 simple steps. After you apply, the hiring department will contact you.
- View Available Positions
- Apply Online (Directions for Completing a Student Application)
- Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – Students are not required to complete the FAFSA. However, students who are eligible for Federal Work-Study have a greater chance of obtaining a student worker position, so it is important to complete the FAFSA every year.
Please contact the Financial Aid office at 217-786-2237 or email@example.com if you have questions about the FAFSA or Federal Work-Study. Additional information on Federal Work-Study can be found on the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website.
If you have questions about student employment or need assistance, please contact Human Resources at 217-786-2752 or via email at HR@llcc.edu.
What you need to know about being a student worker:
- Your academics come first, so you can only work up to 20 hours a week.
- You must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours a semester, with the exception of the summer semester.
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress and not be on academic probation or suspension (see Board Policy 5.43).
- You cannot work during scheduled class time, even if class is cancelled.
- You are responsible for compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other regulations with regard to confidentiality of and access to student and other institutional records.
- You are expected to uphold LLCC’s mission as well as certain standards of conduct within the College and in dealings with students, staff, faculty and the general public.