Welcome to the Center for Academic Success (formerly the Learning Lab)!
What students are saying about us...
"The staff are very helpful."
"If you don't understand something when you come down here, you will when you leave."
"Everyone I work with listens to what I say and tries to help me learn in the best way I can."
Location: Sangamon Hall, Lower Level (beneath the library)
Hours: Please visit individual CAS service pages for a listing of hours for a particular service.
The LLCC Center for Academic Success strives to provide a coordinated and accessible array of services to promote individual learning and enhance in-class performance, with the intent of engaging students in their personal success.
What's going on now in the Center for Academic Success?
FREE Accuplacer Prep Workshops - July 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24!
Are you a new or prospective student planning to take the LLCC Accuplacer (placement) test? If so, be sure to contact the Center for Academic Success to sign up for a FREE Accuplacer Prep Workshop. This workshop reviews basic reading, writing and math concepts, as well as specific study skills tips to help you walk into the placement test feeling confident.
Click Here to view and/or download a copy of the workshop schedule.
Space is limited. Call 217-786-2396 to reserve a spot in the workshop of your choice!
FREE services available through the Center for Academic Success include:
- Make-up testing for classroom, online and hybrid courses (a place where students can make-up a test that was missed in class; coordinated with your instructors)
- Math Center (experienced math faculty and tutors available to provide you with walk-in help for any LLCC math course)
- Peer Tutoring (highly trained peer tutors available to provide you with individualized content help for most LLCC courses)
- Personal Counseling (licensed, professional available to help you with personal or stress management issues)
- Accessibility Services (supportive services for our special needs student population)
- Academic Success Professionals (experienced professionals available to help you with individualized study skills help, applicable to any course)
- Supplemental Instruction and Study Groups (small guided group study sessions)
- Writing Center (professional, individualized writing assistance for any LLCC course)
Workshops and Seminars (learn about our Smart Start Seminars and other free workshops covering a variety of academic topics)
THINK OF THE CENTER FOR ACADEMIC SUCCESS AS A FITNESS CENTER, NOT AN EMERGENCY ROOM. DON'T WAIT! CALL US TODAY!