Welcome to the Learning Lab. Your Partner in Learning!
What students are saying about us...
"The staff are very helpful."
"If you don't understand something when you come down here, you will when you leave."
"Everyone I work with listens to what I say and tries to help me learn in the best way I can."
Location: Sangamon Hall, Lower Level (beneath the library)
Hours: Please visit individual Learning Lab service pages for a listing of hours for a particular service.
The LLCC Learning Lab strives to provide a coordinated and accessible array of services to promote individual learning and enhance in-class performance, with the intent of engaging students in their personal success.
What's going on now in the Learning Lab?
Brown Bag Academic Refresher Workshops! Bring your lunch and we'll bring the dessert! Midterm exams are only a few weeks away and these workshops are designed to provide students with a quick refresher on how to develop and incorporate good study habits in order to achieve academic goals. Attend one workshop or attend them all!
Wednesday, February 26
Memory and Test Taking
Facilitator: Amy Chernowsky
Wednesday, March 5
Textbook Reading and Note Taking
Facilitator: CC Tietjen-St.Magnus
Wednesday, March 19
Goal Setting and Time Management
Facilitator: Grace Carriker
Click HERE to register online or contact the Learning Lab at 786-2396. Space is limited. Register today!
FREE services available through the LLCC Learning Lab include:
- Make-up testing for classroom, online and hybrid courses (a place where students can make-up a test that was missed in class; coordinated with your instructors)
- Math Center (experienced math faculty and tutors available to provide you with walk-in help for any LLCC math course)
- Peer Tutoring (highly trained peer tutors available to provide you with individualized content help for most LLCC courses)
- Personal Counseling (licensed, professional available to help you with personal or stress management issues)
- Science Center (experienced science faculty and tutors available to provide you with walk-in help for LLCC science courses)
- Special Needs Services (supportive services for our special needs student population)
- Academic Success Professionals (experienced professionals available to help you with individualized study skills help, applicable to any course)
- Supplemental Instruction and Study Groups (small guided group study sessions)
- Writing Center (professional, individualized writing assistance for any LLCC course)
Workshops and Seminars (learn about our Smart Start Seminars and other free workshops covering a variety of academic topics)
THINK OF THE LEARNING LAB AS A FITNESS CENTER, NOT AN EMERGENCY ROOM.
DON'T WAIT! CALL US TODAY!