Welcome to the Learning Lab. Your Partner in Learning!
What students are saying about us...
"The staff are very helpful."
"If you don't understand something when you come down here, you will when you leave."
"Everyone I work with listens to what I say and tries to help me learn in the best way I can."
Location: Sangamon Hall, Lower Level (beneath the library)
Hours: Please visit individual Learning Lab service pages for a listing of hours for a particular service.
The mission of the Learning Lab is to provide a centralized, coordinated, and easily accessible array of services that are designed to enhance individual learning and in-class performance and
committed to enhancing student success.
What's going on now in the Learning Lab?
You have probably just had your first major exam in class. The grade you earned on that first exam may be a strong indicator of how well (or not so well) you will perform for the remainder of the semester. Now is the time to make an appointment with an Academic Success Professional to learn better test taking strategies. 217.786.2396.
FREE services available through the LLCC Learning Lab include:
- Make-up testing for classroom, online and hybrid courses (a place where students can make-up a test that was missed in class; coordinated with your instructors)
- Math Center (experienced math faculty and tutors available to provide you with walk-in help for any LLCC math course)
- Peer Tutoring (highly trained peer tutors available to provide you with individualized content help for most LLCC courses)
- Personal Counseling (licensed, professional available to help you with personal or stress management issues)
- Science Center (experienced science faculty and tutors available to provide you with walk-in help for LLCC science courses)
- Special Needs Services (supportive services for our special needs student population)
- Academic Success Professionals (experienced professionals available to help you with individualized study skills help, applicable to any course)
- Supplemental Instruction and Study Groups (small guided group study sessions)
- Writing Center (professional, individualized writing assistance for any LLCC course)
Workshops and Seminars (learn about our Smart Start Seminars and other free workshops covering a variety of academic topics)
THINK OF THE LEARNING LAB AS A FITNESS CENTER, NOT AN EMERGENCY ROOM.
DON'T WAIT! CALL US TODAY!