Why visit the Writing Center?
The secret to better grades is knowing when to ask for help. The Writing Center is an excellent resource for any student working on any type of writing assignment. Whether you are struggling to formulate a thesis statement or need help correcting run-on sentences, the Writing Center is the place to go. We have found that most students become frustrated with writing assignments for diverse reasons.
You should visit the Writing Center if any of the following statements apply to you:
- "I can't get started."
- "I don't know what to write about."
- "My grammar is incorrect."
- "I don't know how to use citations."
- "I can't write a research paper."
- “I want feedback on my paper before I turn it in.”
In addition to one-on-one consultations, the Writing Center offers several other services:
- computer lab for working on writing assignments
- small group workshops
- the Virtual Writing Center for district education and online students