Online and Hybrid Courses
LLCC offers two types of online learning opportunities. They are called Online and Hybrid courses. Courses considered as online are designated with an OL section code and courses considered to be hybrid are designated with a HY section code.
‣ OL (online) courses are standard Internet-based courses. In an online course students complete coursework and assignments, participate in discussions, take tests and communicate with instructors and classmates all online. In most cases, the entire class works through assignments on a schedule provided by the instructor.
‣ HY (hybrid) courses are a combination of online and face-to-face courses. The majority of course work will be completed online, but there will be scheduled (required) face-to-face class times on campus.
Considering a Lincoln Land Community College online or hybrid course?
LLCC online and hybrid courses are content oriented courses. There are some important facts you need to know before registering for an online or hybrid course:
‣ These courses are comparable to traditional face-to-face courses. They require the same amount of time and attention as an on-campus course.
‣ Some of these courses may require that exams are taken on campus or through an approved test proctoring facility.
‣ Students in these courses need to have access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection. Students must also possess the necessary technical skills to navigate the Internet, as well as understand basic computing, email services, and word processing.