Pursuant to the Illinois Smoke-Free Campus Act (110 ILCS 64) as of July 1, 2015:
- Smoking and the use of tobacco products as defined by the Act are prohibited on all college-owned and operated property.
- Smoking and the use of tobacco products as defined by the Act are allowed only in personal vehicles parked on or travelling through campus.
- All smoking material must be extinguished and disposed of inside the vehicle.
- This applies to all LLCC students, employees, visitors, members of the public, and individuals employed elsewhere who are working on campus or college-owned and operated property.
- $25 fine will be assessed for the first offense; $50 for subsequent offenses.
- Repeat offenders will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including expulsion/termination.
- “Smoke” and “smoking” means the carrying, smoking, burning, inhaling or exhaling of any kind of lighted pipe, cigar, cigarette, hookah, weed, herbs or other lighted smoking equipment. This also includes products containing or delivering nicotine (e.g. chewing tobacco) intended or expected for human consumption, except those approved by the FDA for smoking cessation purposes.
- Read more details in the Smoke-Free Campus Act.
- Read LLCC’s Board Policy 1.11: Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs.
- Maps showing college-owned and operated property: Springfield campus Springfield campus and surrounding college-owned property LLCC-Jacksonville LLCC-Beardstown LLCC-Litchfield LLCC-Taylorville Capital City Training Center
Kick the habit!
LLCC encourages smokers to use the free services of the Illinois Tobacco Quitline to kick the habit. 866-QUIT-YES.