Lincoln Land Community College (LLCC) is a comprehensive community college serving individuals of all ages. The LLCC district comprises all or parts of 15 counties in central Illinois and covers 4,115 square miles. It is the largest community college district in Illinois in terms of land mass. The main campus is in Springfield, with Outreach Centers in Jacksonville, Beardstown, Taylorville and Litchfield. The mission of LLCC is to provide district residents with quality educational programs and services that are accessible, affordable and responsive to individual and community needs
- LLCC serves approximately 15,000 individuals annually through credit and non-credit courses.
- Over 11,000 students received credit-generating instruction in the past year.
- Thirty-three percent of the LLCC student body is over the age of 25.
- The average age of LLCC students is 27; the median age is 22.
- Approximately six out of 10 students are female.
- More than 18 percent of the student body is minority.
- Over 58 percent of LLCC students are enrolled part time.
- Ninety-five percent of LLCC students reside in the LLCC district.
- Over 19 percent of LLCC students are in college for the first time.
- LLCC students are primarily enrolled in baccalaureate/transfer programs (57 percent) and occupational/vocational programs (30 percent).
- In addition to Associate in Arts and Associate in Science liberal arts programs, top transfer programs include: Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Biology, Accounting.
- Top enrolled occupational programs: Associate Degree Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistant, Truck Driving, Industrial Electronics, Automotive Mechanics.
- 3,612 individual students took online classes, totaling 7,377 enrollments, in FY 2017.
- 5,624 individuals enrolled in Community Education courses and workshops, and 737 children enrolled in College for Kids in FY 2017.
- 1,709 degrees and certificates were awarded to LLCC students in FY 2017.
- Approximately 44,000 individuals have earned associate degrees and/or college-level certificates from LLCC.
- 45 student clubs and organizations including Student Government Association
- Loggers Athletics: Men’s soccer, basketball, baseball; Women’s volleyball, basketball, softball; NJCAA and Mid-West Athletic Conference
Faculty & Staff
- The faculty to student ratio at LLCC is 1:19.
- LLCC employs 121 full-time teaching faculty and 182 part-time instructors.
- The administrative staff at LLCC is composed of 55 full-time employees.
- 99 full-time and 11 part-time employees make up the professional staff at LLCC.
- Classified staff at LLCC consists of 109 full-time employees and 17 part-time employees.
- For the third year in a row, LLCC was named Best College/University in the State Journal-Register Readers’ Choice Awards.
- LLCC was awarded the 2018 “Best Places to Work” award from the Springfield Business Journal and United Community Bank.
- The LLCC Child Development Center achieved another five-year term of accreditation in 2017 from the National Association for the Education of Young Children, the gold standard for early childhood programs across the country.
- LLCC’s accreditation was reaffirmed by the Higher Learning Commission in spring 2014.
- The LLCC women’s volleyball team placed third at the NJCAA national tournament.
- Agriculture students on LLCC’s Livestock Specialist – Overall Team placed first, Livestock Specialist – Swine and Soil Science Specialist teams placed third, and College Bowl Team placed fourth at the National Postsecondary Agriculture Student Conference.
- The Lamp student newspaper received 13 awards at the Illinois Community College Journalism Association spring conference.
- LLCC’s Model Illinois Government Team won the Outstanding Small Delegation award at the 40th annual MIG simulation at the Illinois State Capitol. Two students earned individual awards, and seven students were elected to leadership positions.
Costs – 2018-2019
- Tuition and fees for a full-time, in-district student enrolled in 15 standard credit hours: $2,107.50 per semester
- Books: approximately $440 per semester (varies by course and choice of media)
FY 2018 Operating Budget
- Main Campus
- Capital City Training Center
- Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc. Aviation Center at LLCC
- Two health professions programs located at HSHS St. John’s Hospital
- LLCC-Litchfield and Hillsboro
- LLCC’s Springfield campus has more than 220 acres of property, including:
- Approximately 70 acres of manicured lawn and garden space
- Fifteen acres of native prairie
- Nearly 35 acres of athletic fields and outdoor physical education space
- More than 16 acres of paved parking lots, over two miles of roadways and almost three miles of concrete sidewalks
- All of LLCC’s locations total 652,273 square feet of building space, including:
- The Springfield campus with 17 main buildings
- Outreach Centers in Beardstown, Jacksonville, Litchfield/Hillsboro, Taylorville, Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport and St. John’s Hospital
- Levi, Ray and Shoup, Inc., Aviation Center at LLCC (2017)
- Workforce Careers Center (opened 2012)
- A. Lincoln Commons student center (opened 2011)
- LLCC-Taylorville classroom building (opened 2011)
- Major renovations to the original buildings at LLCC-Taylorville (2015), Montgomery Hall (2012) and LLCC-Jacksonville (2012)