• is ongoing (aka “standing”)
• has a defined mission and purpose
• operates under written guidelines; charter (if Robert’s Rules of order are not followed) or bylaws
• has a defined membership
• uses a specified method of selecting membership
• is able to identify and discuss issues and make recommendations that sustain and advance the mission / purpose of the institution to relevant administrator
• reports all activities regularly to the Shared Governance Council by supplying copies of all agendas, minutes and relevant reports and recommendations (via email).
• falls under the team leadership and may be permanent or ad hoc.
• a subdivision of a team, established to handle particular issues or subject areas within the teams broader remit.
• one of the five groups, defined by employment category, (Administrative, Professional, Classified, Faculty and Student) who have recognition and representation within the governance structure.
• a team which oversees the operations in a particular area.
• Fulfills executive functions within the remit of the particular area. i.e. AQIP, FoE
Ad Hoc Team:
• groups created for the purpose of completing a particular, finite task and which dissolve once this purpose is achieved.
• a functional group created, operating under the relevant responsible administrator to manage an ongoing a task or tasks, the nature of which does not warrant the establishment of a team nor year-round meetings.
Non Voting Member:
• present in all discussions
• does not vote
• may request agenda items be placed on the agenda through team leader.
• they may provide input to the discussion, support the team’s efforts and may be one of the people to help move the recommendation of the team forward
• appointed by position or vice president, not elected.