Welcome International Students!
For International Students seeking an F-1 VISA to attend LLCC
Thank you for your interest in Lincoln Land Community College, Springfield, Illinois, U.S.A. Springfield is the capital of Illinois, located in central Illinois 320 kilometers from Chicago and 160 kilometers from St. Louis, Mo. International students are admitted for fall / spring / summer terms to begin a two-year (four-semester) associate degree program. We recommend International Students have a sponsor or mentor within the college district to provide cultural and social support while living in the area. This school is authorized under Federal Law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
United States Department of Homeland Security: Study in the United States information link http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/
APPLICATION FEE: A $75.00 USD application fee is required with the I-20 application. This fee provides for processing and secure delivery of completed I-20 and admissions documents. The $75.00 (US Funds) fee is payable to: Lincoln Land Community College. Do not submit fees in cash or by wire. Students sent a completed I-20 then requesting changes must submit an additional $75.00 fee.
APPLICATION DEADLINES: International applications including all supporting educational and financial documentation must be received complete by the date as listed for the intended start term.
Term – Year Completed Application Due
Summer 2017 Semester: January 9, 2017
Fall 2017 Semester: March 20, 2017
Spring 2018 Semester: July 6, 2017
Summer 2018 Semester: January 8, 2018
Fall 2018 Semester: March 19, 2018
COSTS: Estimated $43,100.00 USD total for a two-year, Associate Degree program and housing. An International Student seeking to attend LLCC on an F-1 VISA must provide documentation of funds available for educational and living expenses for two years of $43,100.00 USD
$21,100.00 USD: Estimated tuition, fees and books for two academic years of 60 credit hours.
$22,000.00 USD: Estimated housing and living expenses for two academic years (20 months).
HOUSING: The college does not have student housing or the resources to provide assistance locating or arranging for housing or transportation. Students or their sponsors are solely responsible for all housing arrangements, contracts, security deposits, rent payments and transportation. Prospective students should complete housing arrangements before arriving.
CAMPUS MAPS: Directions and maps to Lincoln Land Community College http://www.llcc.edu/explore-llcc/maps/.
International Student Admissions Procedures
To be issued an I-20 for an F-1 VISA the international applicant must complete and submit all items listed:
- Fill out clearly : I-20 Application A $75.00 USD application fee required with this document.
- Lincoln Land Community College International admission form: College Admission (no cost)
- Applicants must meet all requirements for admission into the United States as set forth by the department of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- Provide academic transcript records, in English, from secondary & post-secondary institutions attended. To potentially receive credit for previous coursework consider an evaluation by ECE / Educational Credential Evaluators. For ECE evaluation forms: http://www.ece.org/. Type of Evaluation to be requested: course by course. Have one copy of evaluation mailed to: International Admissions – LLCC, 5250 Shepherd Rd. PO Box 19256, Springfield, IL. 62794
- Proficiency in English, reading and writing is essential & required. Demonstrated proficiency in English via TOEFL test score minimum of: 550-written, 173-computer, 61-internet based. For TOEFL information click TOEFL 1 or TOEFL 2 or http://www.ets.org/ell Or, score of 3 or above on APIEL exam where available. Or, 6 or above on IELTS exam where available.
- NOTE: LLCC School Code 007170. LLCC does not issue I-20s for ESL programs.
- NOTE: TOEFL not required for residents of English speaking countries.
- Affidavit of Financial Support. This document must be completed in its entirety. Failure to provide all information required on this form will result in non-admission. Minimum required funds available for two years $43,100.00 USD. Applicants unable to verify availability of family or sponsor funding totaling $43,100.00 USD for the two year normal length of study cannot be issued an I-20.
- Health insurance is required for athletes and recommended for all international students. Proof of health insurance for athletes must be filed in the LLCC Admissions Office within 30 days of term start.
For additional I-20 information and the best way to communicate concerning these important admissions processes please contact: Shanda.Byer@llcc.edu
F-1 VISA I-901 Fee Information
Admission advising is available through the Admissions Office for international students of several classifications (F-1, B-1, J-1, H, immigrants, refugees). Foreign-born students who have obtained citizenship status, but who encounter problems related to admission / tuition rates should contact the Director of Admissions: VOICE: 217-786-2213, FAX: 217-786-2492, EMAIL: Lesley.Frederick@llcc.edu
Admission of international students is done on an individual basis. Due to INS and SEVIS requirements and processing time, prospective students from a country other than the United States should contact the LLCC Admissions Office 5 months prior to the term they plan to begin studies.
The following programs are not available to F-1 VISA students: Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Respiratory Care, Nuerodiagnostic Technology, Radiology and ESL / English as a Second Language program.
Important Informational Links:
- New F-1 students are subject to the INS mandated SEVIS I-901 Fee. To file online click here.
- For SEVIS I-901 questions, answers and general information: click http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/.
- INS site: How To Become a Student Visitor: click here.
- U.S Embassies Using the Online DS-160 Form: click here.
- For related information: click here.
Other informational links:
- Travel Tips for Arriving Foreign Students and Exchange Visitors
- Frequently Asked Questions for F-1 Non-Immigrants
For additional information email: Lesley.Frederick@llcc.edu
F-1 VISA students transferring to LLCC from another U.S. college
LLCC is located in Springfield, Illinois 320 kilometers / 200 miles from Chicago and 160 kilometers / 100 miles from St. Louis. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students. Application to transfer must be complete no later than 60 days prior to the beginning of the term requested or transfer admissions will be denied.
NOTE: An F-1 VISA student wanting to transfer to LLCC must submit all documents, transcripts, TOEFL scores and verification of financial support as listed in the “International Student Admissions Procedures” section above plus, the following:
- Copy of other U.S. College / University I-20 as issued to student.
- Letter of release for student in good standing from the other US college or university
To meet INS requirements, all F-1 students must enroll in at least 12 semester hours of coursework. Prior to admission, international students must show evidence of financial support for at least one year’s expenses. Therefore, international students are expected to pay tuition in full at the time of registration. Although most international students are ineligible for state and federal financial aid, students with refugee to immigrant classifications may be eligible to receive financial assistance.
All required admissions information may be mailed or faxed to:
LLCC International Admissions
5250 Shepherd Rd.
PO Box 19256, Springfield, IL 62794-9256
Fax: 217-786-2492 ATTN: International Admissions