What students are saying about us …
“The staff are very helpful.”
“If you don’t understand something when you come down here, you will when you leave.”
“Everyone I work with listens to what I say and tries to help me learn in the best way I can.”
Location: Sangamon Hall, Lower Level (beneath the library)
Hours: Please visit individual CAS service pages for a listing of hours for a particular service.
Connect: Like and follow us on Facebook
The LLCC Center for Academic Success strives to provide programs, services, and resources that promote the academic success of our students.
- Develop independent learners
- Enhance academic performance of students
- Collaborate with academic and student service personnel to support student success
Smart Start Seminars
CAS’s FREE Smart Start Seminars will provide you with successful study tools to help you get a smart start to your new semester.
Seminar topics include:
Introduction to Study Skills
Reading and Questioning Texts
Taking Effective Notes
Memory and Test Taking
Visit our Workshops and Seminars page to view a schedule of Smart Start Seminar dates and times.
To register for a Smart Start Seminar, you may contact the Center for Academic Success at 217.786.2396 or complete the online registration form.
These FREE services through the Center for Academic Success are available to currently enrolled LLCC students and include:
- Make-up testing for classroom, online and hybrid courses (a place where students can make-up a test that was missed in class; coordinated with your instructors)
- Math Center (experienced math faculty and tutors available to provide you with walk-in help for any LLCC math course)
- Peer Tutoring (highly trained peer tutors available to provide you with individualized content help for most LLCC courses)
- Accessibility Services (supportive services for our special needs student population)
- Academic Success Professionals (experienced professionals available to help you with individualized study skills help, applicable to any course)
- Supplemental Instruction (small guided group study sessions)
- Writing Center (professional, individualized writing assistance for any LLCC course)
- Workshops and Seminars (learn about our Smart Start Seminars and other free workshops covering a variety of academic topics)