Steps for Students Who Have Used Their GI Bill at Another School and are Transferring to LLCC
1. Request transcripts from all colleges attended and a military transcript from your branch of service to be forwarded to the LLCC Admission and Registration Office.
2. If applicable, apply for your Illinois Veterans Grant or your Illinois National Guard Grant. For additional application information about the State of Illinois Benefits and Scholarships, see “Additional Information” section below. Submit a copy of your approval letter to the LLCC Veterans Affairs Office as soon as it is received. (If you are using the Illinois Veterans Grant, you only need to submit the application once to establish eligibility.)
3. Obtain your DD-214 Member 4.
4. Apply for admission to LLCC.
5. If needed, take the placement test in the LLCC Placement Testing Office.
6. See an academic advisor in the LLCC Advising and Counseling Office to choose your classes, complete an LLCC Veterans Affairs GI Enrollment Form and a registration form.
7. Register for your classes by submitting your registration form to the LLCC Registration Services Office which is across the hall from the Advising and Counseling Office.
8. Notify the Veterans’ Affairs through the VA WEB SITE that you are transferring schools.
9. Submit all of the following items at one time to the LLCC Veterans Affairs Office:
- DD-214 Member 4 from Step 3 above
- your LLCC Veterans Affairs Data Worksheet from Step 6 above
1. Information on GI Bill Educational Benefits START HERE
2. State of Illinois Benefits & Scholarships
- Illinois National Guard Grant (ING) START HERE
- Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG) START HERE
- MIA/POW Scholarship START HERE
3. LLCC Scholarship
- Brian McMillen LLCC Veterans Scholarship START HERE
4. Grade Standards for GI Bill and State of Illinois Benefits START HERE