About the event
Open Registration Prep Day helps students turn dreaming into doing. It is a free event on March 30, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. that is specifically designed for those who have made the educated decision to attend Lincoln Land Community College. The event provides an opportunity for future LLCC students to complete many of the tasks required before starting college. To participate, see “Before the event” and “Registration” details below.
Participants can accomplish the items listed below, depending on the time they have available.
- Attend a New Student Orientation You will learn more about LLCC and get helpful information on transitioning to college, how to get involved and academic support services.
- Activate an online account (used for email, online resources and registration).
- Fill out a Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) form to withhold or allow release of information. (Note: a student will need to complete this form to allow another individual access to the student’s educational records, including grades, course schedules and financial information.)
- Take placement tests if necessary* and as time allows. The testing lays the groundwork for students’ success and getting the needed education for their college and career paths. Learn about and get tips on preparing for placement tests.
- Schedule an appointment to, or if time allows, have a meeting with an academic advisor to map out a plan for college coursework and set a class schedule for easy registration.
- Enjoy a visit to campus! Lunch is free and provided at the event.
* Note: Those who have earned an SAT score of 480 or better in writing/reading and 530 or better in math sections and/or have an ACT score of 21 or better in English and 22 or better in reading and mathematics are not required to take placement tests.
Open Reg Prep Day on March 30, 2018:
- 8:30 a.m. – Check-in, A. Lincoln Commons
- 9 a.m.-noon – New Student Orientation, Robert H. Stephens Room
- Noon-12:30 p.m. – Lunch
- 12:30-4 p.m. – Placement testing/account activation/FERPA form/advising, Student Services Hallway
Before the event
Prior to the event, participants will need to:
- Complete the LLCC admission form.
- Submit transcripts from high school (or GED certificate) and any additional coursework from other institutions.
- Submit scores from SAT/ACT tests taken within the past five years if not included on your high school transcripts.
- Fill out and submit the registration form below by March 18, 2018.
Registration for the event is required. Please complete the form below by March 18, 2018 to reserve your space at the event.
Open Reg Prep Day helps you complete key steps in becoming a college student at LLCC. Yet, a few steps may still need to be completed after the event:
- If you made an appointment with an academic advisor, be sure to keep the appointment and review tips for your advising session. You will be working with an advisor to discuss your identified program of study and map out courses for the semester.
- Register for classes via Web Advisor. (Tip: be sure to sign up early to get the classes you want!)
- Make payment arrangements, and apply for financial aid.