About the ATI TEAS® Examination:
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, English, and language usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry level skills and abilities of nursing program applicants.
Students must register with ATI, please complete the following steps
- Create an Account with ATI prior to your test date. Go to www.atitesting.com (Firefox is the recommended browser to use).
- In the Secure Sign On area click on “Create an account.”
- When a new screen opens, fill in all your blue fields. Blue fields are required to create your account. In the “Institution” field select “Lincoln Land CC ADN” or “Lincoln Land CC PN”. Please also enter your LLCC student ID number. You must do this before you can test.
- Write down your User Name and Password and SAVE in a safe place. You will not be able to take the ATI TEAS® test without them and you will use them throughout the nursing program.
Click the “Register” button; wait for the progress bar to complete. You are DONE creating your ATI account.
- Register and schedule an appointment for the ATI TEAS® by following these step by step instructions. The cost of the test is $86 and must be paid with a credit card online.
You will receive an email confirmation of your testing appointment. Bring this confirmation and your ATI Username and Password along with a photo ID (valid driver’s license and school ID with photo), on the date of testing. If you do not have appropriate photo identification, you will not be allowed to test. There are no exceptions to this rule!
Testing Location: Main Campus
Menard Hall, Office of Placement and Testing Room M 1128
Please do not bring the following into the testing room:
Cell phones, electronic devices, calculators, food and drinks, hoodies, coats, purses, headphones, and watches. Other items excluded will be determined by the Test Center staff.
Arrive 20 minutes prior to the testing time. Please be prompt, late arrivals will not be admitted.
Official TEAS study materials are available for purchase at http://www.atitesting.com. Some material is available to Lincoln Land students only in the Library. Stop by the front circulation desk and ask about the TEAS test.
- What is on the test? The test is composed of 170 questions, 20 of which are unscored pretest items. Thus, the number of scored questions on which individuals will be evaluated is 150. The total time allotted to complete the test is 209 minutes. There are 4 components of the test – Reading, Math, Science, and English/Language Usage.
- What is the question format? The questions are all multiple choice.
- How many times can the ATI TEAS be taken? Student may have 1 attempt per application cycle. (See the LLCC Nursing Program Admissions Test Fact Sheet for Students at www.llcc.edu/academics/academic…/associate-degree-nursing/)
- Is retesting allowed? You may retest after a 30 day waiting period and when there is a seat available on a scheduled testing date. Cost to retest is $86.00
- Can I use a calculator for the math portion? The calculator is built-in to the test. Students are not allowed to bring their own calculator.
- When will I get my test results? You see your results after the test is completed and receive a printed copy as well.