Purpose: The purpose of the SGC is:
A. to facilitate the shared governance process at the institution.
1. to receive, consider and respond to issues brought for consideration as shared governance issues;
2. to refer issues to appropriate committees, administrative offices or task forces for consideration and to establish guidelines for the process;
3. to communicate results to the institution.
B. to review, oversee, and make recommendations regarding all issues related to committee structure, membership, by-laws, nominations and elections, and reporting.
1. to identify the committees of the college;
2. to define the reporting and organizational relationship of college committees;
3. to facilitate the constituting of committees by the nomination/election process or appointment;
4. to serve as a repository for college committee information including leadership, membership, bylaws/guidelines, and other relevant committee information.