All items below must be completed in order to apply to the program by the designated application deadline. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Student Success office when requirements have been met and to apply by the application deadline.
Candidates are chosen based upon a selective admission process. Please refer to the Selective Admission Point System page for additional information regarding how points are awarded.
Please note that these requirements are subject to change at any time.
- HS transcript with proof of graduation or GED certificate on file in Admissions & Records Office
- **TEAS score of Proficient or higher (TEAS scores are valid for 5 years and may be accepted from any location offering the TEAS testing)
- Chemistry 100 or 101 with C or above within the last 5 years OR high school Chemistry with C or above within the last 5 years
- Place into MAT 141 or any other college level math within the last 5 years
- Complete placement test to demonstrate placement into EGL 101
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better for all previous college courses or high school GPA of 2.8 (on 4pt scale). High school GPA will be considered until the student has completed 9 hours of program specific courses
- Be a current Certified Nursing Assistant
- Official transcripts from all colleges ever attended evaluated by Admissions & Records Office. Students that neglect to do this, or delay doing this, may jeopardize their ability to apply to, be accepted to, or remain enrolled in a health professions program at LLCC
- Submit the ADN Program Application with a Nursing Student Success Coach
- *Students must be eligible to take BIO 175 or must have taken BIO 175 within the past 5 years upon entering the ADN program. See BIO 175 prerequisite requirements on below.
** Please refer to LLCC Nursing Department website for criminal background and physical health program requirements.
Program specific courses required for ADN:
EGL 101 Composition I
EGL 102 Composition II
*BIO 175 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
BIO 176 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
BIO 220 Microbiology
PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology
Nursing courses once admitted:
1st Semester: ADN 110, ADN 111
2nd Semester: ADN 120, ADN 121
3rd Semester: ADN 232
4th Semester: ADN 244
*REQUIRES ONE YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL BIOLOGY WITH A GRADE OF “B” OR HIGHER WITHIN THE PAST 5 YEARS OR BIO 101, 107 or 111 WITH A GRADE OF “C” OR HIGHER WITHIN THE PAST 5 YEARS OR A PASSING SCORE ON THE BIO 175 PREREQUISITE WAIVER EXAM WITHIN THE PAST 5 YEARS
ALL SCIENCE AND MATH COURSES AND TEAS MUST HAVE BEEN TAKEN WITHIN 5 YEARS OF APPLICATION DATE
Chapter 112, Section 103-17, of the Illinois Public Community College Act requires that whenever enrollment in a program must be restricted because of space limitations, a college must give preference to district residents. Consequently, admission to Health Professions programs for students who live outside of LLCC District #526 vary per program based on space available and qualified applicant pools.
If you have any questions, please call the Student Success office at: 217-786-2224 and ask to speak with a Nursing Student Success Coach.