The ATI TEAS® is an assessment used to effectively identify applicants with the foundational knowledge required for successful entry into nursing programs. Research has shown students with a higher preparedness category (Basic, Proficient, Advanced, and Exemplary) perform better academically in their first semester of nursing courses. For this reason, all students applying to the nursing program must pass the ATI TEAS® with a Basic or higher.
Five Steps to ATI TEAS® Success:
- Create an Account with ATI. Go to www.atitesting.com (Firefox is the recommended browser to use).
- In the Secure Sign On area click on “Create an account.”
- When a new screen opens, fill in all your blue fields. Blue fields are required to create your account. In the “Institution” field select “Lincoln Land CC ADN”. Please also enter your LLCC student ID number. You must do this before you can test.
- Write down your User Name and Password and SAVE in a safe place. You will not be able to take the ATI TEAS® test without them and you will use them throughout the nursing program.
Click the “Register” button; wait for the progress bar to complete. You are DONE creating your ATI account.
- Register for the ATI TEAS® by following the step by step instructions provided on the LLCC ADN webpage. (You may also obtain the instructions from your nursing advisor.) The cost of the test is $86 and must be paid for with a credit card online.
- Study for the ATI TEAS® test.
- Information for how to study for the ATI TEAS® test may be found at: https://www.atitesting.com/Solutions/pre-program/TEAS.aspx.
- DAY OF THE TEST – Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled test time to check in. The test is timed and will take approximately 3 ½ hours to complete.
- Bring the following:
- Valid Photo ID
- ATI User name and password
- Calculators of any kind are NOT permitted (they are provided online within the actual exam itself).
- Bring the following:
- AFTER THE TEST – Print 2 copies of the score report: One for your records and one to submit with your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is on the test?
The ATI TEAS® is composed of 170 questions, 20 of which are unscored pretest items. Thus, the number of scored questions on which individuals will be evaluated is 150. The total time allotted to complete the test is 209 minutes. There are 4 components of the ATI TEAS® – Reading, Math, Science, and English/Language Usage.
|Content Area||ATI TEAS|
|# of questions||Time Limit|
Key Ideas and Details
Craft & Structure
Integration of Knowledge & ideas
Numbers & Algebra
Measurement & Data
Human Anatomy & Physiology
Life & Physical Sciences
Conventions of Standard English
Knowledge of Language
- What is the question format?
- The questions are all multiple choice.
- How many times can I attempt the ATI TEAS®?
- Students may have 1 attempt per application cycle.
- When can I re‐test?
- You may re‐test after a 30 day waiting period and when there is a seat available on a scheduled testing date. Cost to re‐test is $86.00
- Can I use a calculator for the math portion?
- The ATI TEAS® test has a calculator within the test itself. Students are not allowed to bring their own calculator.
- When will I get my tests results?
- Right after the test is completed.
- Will LLCC accept ATI TEAS® scores taken at another location?
- Yes, if you received a Basic or better and it is current within the past five years.
- How long is the ATI TEAS® test score good for?
- It is good for five years.
The information provided in this here is intended for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. Information may be changed or updated without notice. ATI may also make improvements and/or changes in the products, pricing and/or the programs described in this information at any time without notice.