Qualified applicants (those who have met all admission criteria from the LPN to ADN checklist) will be placed in rank order based on the number of points received in the evaluation. Applicants’ points will be evaluated at the time of application only; point total will not be recalculated once the application is submitted.
Applicants with the same number of points will be selected at random for available seats. It is imperative for the applicant to maintain accurate contact information through the Office of Admission and Registration. If all seats are filled for the current admissions cycle, students who wish to re-apply must meet with a nursing success coach to complete an application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to inform the success coach of any changes that could increase awarded points.
Points will be awarded based on:
- GPA on a 4 point scale (ex: A GPA of 3.25 is equivalent to 3.25 points). Maximum points: 4.
- TEAS scores (scores valid for 5 years). Maximum points: 4
• Exemplary = 4 points
• Advanced = 3 points
• Proficient = 2 points
• Basic = 0.5 point
- Prior academic achievement. Maximum points: 1.5
• Emergency Medical Technician Basic: 0.25 point
• Paramedic: 0.75 point
• Military corpsman/medic: 0.50 point
• Completion of accredited Surgical Technology, Radiography, OT/PT, Respiratory or Neurodiagnostic
Technology Associate degree program with national certification: 1 point
• Associate degree: 0.50 point
• Bachelor’s degree or higher: 1.0 point
- Grade in each of the core science courses for the LPN to ADN Transition program (BIO 175, 176 and 220). Maximum points: 2.25
• Grade A: 0.75 points
• Grade B: 0.50 points
• Grade C: 0.25 points
- Previous application to the ADN program. Each application: 0.25 point. Maximum points: 1.