All items below must be completed in order to apply to the program by the designated application deadline. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Student Success Office when requirements have been met and to apply by the application deadline.
Candidates are chosen based upon a selective admission process. Please refer to the Selective Admission Point System page for additional information regarding how points are awarded.
Please note that this checklist is subject to change at any time.
- High school transcript with proof of graduation or GED certificate on file in Admissions & Records Office
- TEAS score of Basic or higher (TEAS scores are valid for 5 years and may be accepted from any location offering the TEAS testing)
- Take the placement test and obtain scores that demonstrate placement out of MAT 092. If this ability is not demonstrated, the necessary remedial courses must be successfully completed within the past 5 years before admission into the practical nurse program.
- Take the placement test and obtain English scores that demonstrate placement in EGL 101. If this ability is not demonstrated, the necessary remedial courses must be successfully completed before admission into the practical nurse program.
- Be a current certified nursing assistant and be listed on state Healthcare Worker Registry
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better for all previous college courses
- Internal GPA of 2.0 or better for all courses previously taken at LLCC
- Official transcripts from all colleges ever attended evaluated by Admissions & Records Office. Students that neglect to do this, or delay doing this, may jeopardize their ability to apply to, be
accepted to, or remain enrolled in a health professions program at LLCC.
- Submit the LPN program application with a nursing student success coach.
*Students must be eligible to take BIO 175 or must have taken BIO 175 within the past 5 years upon entering the LPN program. See BIO 175 prerequisite requirements on backside of checklist.
Program-specific courses required for PCN
- EGL 101 Composition I
- *BIO 175 Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIO 176 Anatomy and Physiology II
- PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
Practical nursing classes once admitted
- First semester (fall): PCN 101 Practical Nursing I
- Second semester (spring): PCN 102 Practical Nursing II
- Third semester (summer): PCN 103 Practical Nursing III
*Requires one of the following within the past five years: one year of high school biology with a grade of “B” or higher, or BIO 101 with a grade of “C” or higher, or a passing score on the BIO 175 prerequisite waiver exam.
Chapter 112, Section 103-17, of the Illinois Public Community College Act requires that whenever enrollment in a program must be restricted because of space limitations, a college must give preference to district residents. Consequently, admission to Health Professions programs for students who live outside of LLCC District #526 vary per program based on space available and qualified applicant pools.
If you have any questions, please call the Student Success Office at 217-786-2224 and ask to speak with a nursing student success coach.