Qualified applicants (those who have met all admission criteria from the LPN checklist) will be placed in rank order based on the number of points received in the evaluation. Applicants’ points will be evaluated at the time of application only; point total will not be recalculated once the application is submitted.
Applicants with the same number of points will be selected at random for available seats. It is imperative for the applicant to maintain accurate contact information through the Office of Admission and Registration.
If all seats are filled for the current admissions cycle, students who wish to re-apply must meet with a nursing student success coach to complete an application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to inform the success coach of any changes that could increase awarded points.
Points will be awarded based on:
1. GPA on a 4 point scale (example: GPA of 3.25 will get 3.25 points). Maximum points: 4.
2. TEAS scores (scores valid for 5 years). Maximum points: 4.
- Exemplary = 4 pts.
- Advanced = 3 pts.
- Proficient = 2 pts.
- Basic = 0.5 pt.
3. Prior academic achievement. Maximum points: 1.
- Emergency Medical Technician: 0.25 point
- Paramedic: 0.50 point
- Military corpsman/medic: 0.50 point
- Completion of accredited Surgical Technology program certificate with national certification: 0.50 point
- Completion of accredited Surgical Technology Associate degree program with national certification: 1.0 point
- Associate degree: 0.50 point
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 1 point
4. Completion and grade in each of the core science courses for the PCN program (BIO 175 and 176). Maximum points: 1.5.
- Grade A: 0.75 point
- Grade B: 0.50 point
- Grade C: 0.25 point
5. Previous application to the PCN program. Each application: 0.25 points. Maximum points: 1.