Qualified applicants (those who have or will have met all admission criteria from the RAD checklist) will be placed in rank order based on the number of points predicted in this evaluation. Applicants’ predicted points will be evaluated at the time of application and again as a final evaluation at the end of the spring semester to ensure completion of pending requirements. Failure to complete any pending factors will jeopardize the applicant’s initial ranking and may additionally void initial acceptance into the program. A total of 15.75 points for first time applications is the maximum possible.
Applicants with the same number of points will be selected at random for available seats.
Applicants will be notified by email and mail from the Radiography office if they are selected for admission. It is imperative for the applicant to maintain accurate contact information through the office of admissions.
If all seats are filled for the current admissions cycle, students who wish to re-apply must meet with a health professions student success coach to fill out an application and inform that success coach of any changes that may increase awarded points.
Points will be awarded based on:
- College GPA on a 4-point scale (example: GPA of 3.25 will get 3.25 points). Maximum points: 4.
- TEAS scores (scores valid for 5 years). Maximum points: 4.
- Exemplary = 4 points
- Advanced = 3 points
- Proficient = 2 points
- Basic = 0.5 point
- or associate degree = 3 points, or bachelor’s degree or higher = 4 points.
- Prior academic achievement
- Certified nursing assistant or certified medical assistant (certification within last 5 years or current work history) = 1 point
- Radiography technologist assistant (current work history with at least 3 months experience) = 1 point
- EMT/AMT = 0.25 point. Or paramedic (current work history with at least 6 months experience) = 1 point
- Military corpsman/medic = 0.5 point
- One college-level math or physics course with a grade of C or higher within the last 5 years = 0.5 point. Or two or more college-level math or physics courses with a grade of C or higher within the last 5 years = 1 point
- Completion of CSC 105 Computer Applications and Concepts course = 0.25 point
- Completion of all general education courses prior to the program’s effective start date = 2 points. Courses include: EGL 101, EGL 102 or CMN 104, PSY 101, BIO 175 and BIO 176 with a grade of C or better. Students must have taken BIO 175 and BIO 176 within the past 5 years to be awarded these points.
- Previous application to the RAD program: second application = 0.5 point; third application and beyond = 1 point. Maximum points: 1.