For fall 2019, Bistro Verde will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 10-Nov. 21 (with the exception of Nov. 5), 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Join us at Bistro Verde, LLCC’s student run café! In the fall enjoy Bistro-To-Go with takeout soups, salads, sandwiches, baked goods, coffee drinks and smoothies. View the fall 2019 menu! Also, keep an eye on the LLCC Culinary Arts and Hospitality Program Facebook page for updated menu items.
Instructions on how to email your order:
- Send order to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be very specific in your order, and specify what name the order should be under.
- If you want your order ready at a particular time, please state that on the order.
- Allow 15 minutes for order pickup from the time you send the email.
- If you do not have a specific time it needs picked up, it will be available in 15 minutes after you send the email.
- The last email orders of the day will be taken at 12:45 p.m.
- You may still add a baked good to your order after you arrive to pick up your order and have a chance to see that day’s selections in the dessert case.
In the LLCC Culinary Arts program, part of a student’s learning experience is to run an actual working café that is open to the public. Hospitality degree-seeking students manage the dining room, while culinary arts students prepare all the orders. Baking and pastry students provide breads and desserts.
During the spring semester, we offer a full-service dining experience with meals prepared and served by LLCC culinary and hospitality students. Reservations are strongly encouraged.
Dine with us to become part of a student’s education while enjoying a from-scratch lunch. Bistro Verde is located right inside the Workforce Careers Center building on LLCC’s main campus at 5250 Shepherd Road in Springfield.
Visit the Culinary Institute page to learn about dinners hosted in Bistro Verde through LLCC Community Education as well as non-credit cooking and baking classes.
Degree and Certificate Programs
LLCC offers an associate in applied science degree in culinary arts and also in hospitality management. Certificates offered include hospitality supervisor, hospitality professional, culinary manager, first cook, baking and pastry, and value-added local food. Learn more at www.llcc.edu/hospitality-culinary-arts.