About Our Program
- 4 week day training Monday – Friday
- 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- 6 week night training Monday – Friday
- 5:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Receive 7 college credits for course
- Certificate at graduation from LLCC
- Weekly in-house recruitment visits from employers
- Graduates are employed at a starting salary of $30,000 – $50,000
- Job assistance available
- Lifetime job assistance
- Behind-the-wheel training
- Logbook skills
- Map reading skills
- Backing skills
- 3:1 student/teacher ratio
Week 1 and 2
The first five days in the classroom will be spent preparing the student to obtain their permit. They will also cover logbook skills, map reading skills and will have recruiter visits.
The next five days of class will be spent on the training lot where students will learn drop and hook, pre-trip inspection, backing and shifting skills.
Week 3 and 4
Days 11 – 20 of the program, the student will have behind-the-wheel training in Freightliner tractors with 53-foot trailers.
Students will receive real-world experience by driving on frontage roads, US highways, interstates and city streets. They will also be preparing for their final testing to obtain their Class A commercial driver’s license.