You do not need a high school diploma or GED to enroll in LLCC Truck Driver Training.
There are however a few basic requirements you must meet to enroll in the program.
- Must have a valid Illinois drivers license with no unpaid tickets anywhere in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug scan.
- Blood pressure less than or equal to 140/90. (Exceptions. Would find out at physical appointment)
- Vision at least 20/40 acuity in each eye with or without correction.
- Hearing at greater or equal to five feet from a forced whispered voice with or without hearing aids.
- No insulin dependent diabetes. (May be able to get waiver)
- No epilepsy or seizure history. (May be able to get waiver)