LLCC offers career pathways to earn college credit toward a certificate or degree with the support of caring career/technical education and basic skills instructors, student support services and a transition advisor. Each step on a career pathway is designed to prepare students for the next level of education and employment. Students must be motivated with a desire to explore the possibilities of a new profession.
Benefits of Enrolling in an Adult Career Pathway
- Adult Career Pathways use a team-teaching approach, giving students the support of a career and technical education instructor and a basic skills instructor.
- Adult Career Pathways students have access to ongoing advising/counseling and support services.
- Students complete a career interest survey and participate in career planning.
- Pathways are designed for students to earn college credits and at least one credential, certificate and/or degree.
Eligibility Requirements and Guidelines
- Highly motivated and committed to achieving career and educational goals
- Demonstrate a deficiency in reading, writing and/or math
- Apply for federal financial aid
- Attend academy week
Career Pathways may include
- Health care careers
- Manufacturing careers
- Early childhood education careers
In addition to career-specific coursework, classes provide instruction in job search strategies, employability skills, technology skills and college success skills.
- LLCC-Springfield (main campus)