Online Career Training
Lincoln Land Community College has partnered with Career Step to help people like you train for a rewarding new career. Programs available through this partnership include:
Request information today to learn more about the Career Step online training programs offered through Lincoln Land Community College, you’ll receive additional details by email. You can contact us about the Lincoln Land Community College program directly at 855-981-9892 or Paula.Luebbert@llcc.edu.
Medical Transcription Editor – $3,199
Medical transcription offers you the opportunity to have a real at-home career in the growing medical industry. The field currently includes 2 important roles:
- Medical transcriptionists type the audio dictations of doctor-patient interactions, creating the reports that make up patients’ medical records.
- Medical transcription editors—specialized medical transcriptionists—correct and edit dictation reports created by speech recognition software, which electronically translates dictations into text.
With Career Step you can train for both of these career paths, work from the comfort of your home, and prepare for the future of the industry.
Inpatient Auditing – $2,699
You are required to have at least 3 years of experience in inpatient acute care coding as well as the RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CPC before moving to inpatient auditing to ensure that you have the necessary skills and experience.
Medical Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records – $3,199
Medical administrative assistants are the specialized administrative personnel who keep the modern medical office running smoothly, especially as electronic health records are becoming more common. Your specific responsibilities would vary from location to location, but may include:
- Creating and updating patients’ electronic health records
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a medical facility
- Scheduling and coordinating appointments
- Verifying patient insurances
- Completing and submitting insurance claims
- Preparing correspondence between medical providers and their patients
- Providing quality customer service to patients
- Working in a professional environment
Medical administrative assistants can be found working in a variety of healthcare facilities, and the demand for those with EHR expertise will only increase as electronic health records become more standard. Positions can be found in doctors’ offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, and many other types of healthcare facilities.
Healthcare IT – $3,899
Healthcare IT professionals help support the use of technology in the healthcare setting. Their specific responsibilities vary by position; however, responsibilities could include: installing and maintaining electronic health record systems, working as part of an internal IT team, or providing technical support to employees throughout a healthcare facility.