Registration for Fall 2019 opens April 17!
Call 217.524.6749 or email email@example.com for more information.
Train for a new career today!
Pharmacy technicians are entry-level personnel that work in many different pharmacy settings within the health care industry. They assist the pharmacist as the right-hand person in many different pharmacy practice settings. One of the main duties of a pharmacy technician are to enter patient data and information into the computer system to process prescriptions. They are also responsible for dispensing commercially available medication, compounding specialty orders, and/or preparing intravenous medications.
• Community or retail pharmacies
• Specialty pharmacies
• Mail-order pharmacies
• Nuclear pharmacies
• Hospital pharmacies
• Infusion centers
• Home healthcare
• Legal firms
• Pharmaceutical companies
• State boards of pharmacy
• Certification agencies
$31,750 per year or $15.26 per hour
salary may vary depending on location, experience and hours (www.bls.gov)
Employment in this field is expected to grow by 47,600 jobs by 2026.
Fall 2019 Course Details
Wednesday, April 10; 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Capital City Training Center
130 W. Mason St., Springfield, IL 62702
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the information session
Wednesday evenings (this is a hybrid course)
July 17 – October 30, 2019
5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
October 31 – December 15, 2019
$2,950 (materials, lab fees & externship)
Eligible candidates must:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Be proficient in English
• Have adequate understanding of 9th/10th grade algebra and arithmetic
• Drug testing and criminal background check may be required for employment
• Desktop or laptop computer
• Reliable internet access
95 Hours – 64 hours are classroom instruction
120 Hours – Hands-on externship
The Pharmacy Technician program prepares students for two national certification exams:
• Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
• Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (EXCPT) offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
Follow the Capital City Training Center on Facebook!
Call 217.524.6749 or email email@example.com with questions.