Train for a new career today!
Pharmacy technicians are entry-level personnel that work in many different pharmacy settings within the health care industry. They assist the pharmacist as the right-hand person in many different pharmacy practice settings. One of the main duties of a pharmacy technician are to enter patient data and information into the computer system to process prescriptions. They are also responsible for dispensing commercially available medication, compounding specialty orders, and/or preparing intravenous medications.
- Community or retail pharmacies
- Specialty pharmacies
- Mail-order pharmacies
- Nuclear pharmacies
- Hospital pharmacies
- Infusion centers
- Home healthcare
- Legal firms
- Pharmaceutical companies
- State boards of pharmacy
- Certification agencies
$31,750 per year or $15.26 per hour
Salary may vary depending on location, experience and hours. (www.bls.gov)
Employment in this field is expected to grow by 47,600 jobs by 2026.
Spring 2022 Course Dates
Tuesdays (this is a hybrid course)
5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
January 4 – April 19, 2022
April 20 – May 27, 2022
**Registration for the Spring 2022 class will open in late October 2021
$2,950 (materials, lab fees & externship)
64 Hours – Classroom instruction
120 Hours – Hands-on externship
Eligible candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Be proficient in English
- Have adequate understanding of 9th/10th grade algebra and arithmetic
- Drug testing and criminal background check may be required for employment
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Reliable internet access
The Pharmacy Technician program prepares students for two national certification exams:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (EXCPT) offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
Note: This course is not eligible for financial aid; however, payment plans are available.
Follow the LLCC-Medical District on Facebook!