- Library: Books on marketing, advertising, business law, business start-ups, acquiring financing and more.
- Entrepreneur magazine “How to Start …” binders: Step-by-step instruction on how to start over 180 different businesses.
- Computers with business and financial software: Develop your business plan, spreadsheets, etc., or preview software that you might use in your business.
- Free internet access: Research the world-wide web to get the information you need to make your business successful.
- Forms: Request for Counseling and Business Plan Workbook.
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- State of Illinois Business Portal
- US Small Business Administration: Programs and services to help you start, grow and succeed in business.
- Government Loans: Provides information on government loan programs, including many for potential and current small business owners.
- Internal Revenue Service: Assistance in understanding your tax responsibilities.
- Sell to the State of Illinois: The state purchases more than $10 billion worth of products and services each year. Are you competing for this business?
- The Federal Government Grant Search Site: Find and apply for federal government grants.
- Business.gov: Assistance for business owners including access to government forms.
- Biz Info Library: The Biz Info Library (BIL) is a collaboration between the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, the Edward Lowe Foundation and the James J. Hill Reference Library to create an online library offering the world’s best information on starting and growing a business.
- Business Plan Examples: The Carnegie Library in Pittsburgh has a wonderful page devoted to business plans. There are links to sample business plans for a wide variety of businesses.
- DCEO Environmental Assistance Program: Located in the nonregulatory agency, this program provides free confidential information and services to help small businesses understand their environmental obligations.
- Identity Theft Information
- National Restaurant Association