Guidelines for submitting data requests
Institutional Research and Effectiveness (IRE) maintains historical and institutional data. Our ability to fulfill ad hoc requests is impacted by the available resources. Please keep the following in mind when submitting requests:
- IRE can extract student information from Colleague.
- In general, IRE maintains and can access historical student demographic and performance data beginning with fall 1999.
- In general, all data produced by IRE will be in aggregate or summary form. Requests that conflict with IRE’s standards for confidentiality will be denied.
- You must provide a clear purpose for the data. Requests for institutional data/projects that do not contribute to college-related assessments or operations will not be fulfilled without senior administrative approval.
- Ad hoc requests are prioritized by IRE and priority will be determined based upon consideration of the following criteria: requesting unit (with priority of response being the President), immediacy of need for the data/information, resources demanded by the request, complexity of the project, and IRE’s other active requests.
- Data requests should be made well in advance of when they are needed. Some requests may take up to a month to fulfill.
IRE data requests should be submitted to AskIRE@llcc.edu.