- Did I communicate effectively and clearly?
- Is the subject worth writing about?
- Did I do my best to make the paper interesting?
- Did I relate all content to the thesis statement?
- Did I support my generalizations with specific details, facts and logic?
- Does my thesis statement clearly state the main idea of the paper?
- Have I included an introduction, main body paragraphs and conclusion?
- Are my main points supporting my thesis and are they arranged logically?
- Does each of my paragraphs start with a strong topic sentence?
- Have a read my paper out loud at least once?
- Have I corrected all errors in grammar and punctuation?
- Are all my sentences complete? Do they all have verbs?
- Have I corrected all my run-on sentences?
- Have I used spell-check and checked my spelling carefully without using a word processing program?
- If included, have I checked references and footnotes for accuracy?
Developed by LLCC Center For Academic Success, Springfield, Illinois.