About the event
Open Registration Prep Day helps students turn dreaming into doing. It is a free event on April 9, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. that is specifically designed for those who have made the decision to attend Lincoln Land Community College starting in summer or fall 2019. The event provides an opportunity for future LLCC students to complete steps to enrollment. To participate, see “Before the event” and “Registration” details below.
Participants can accomplish the items listed below, depending on the time they have available.
- Attend a New Student Orientation You will learn more about LLCC and get helpful information on transitioning to college, how to get involved and academic support services.
- Activate an online account (used for email, online resources and registration).
- Fill out a Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) form to withhold or allow release of information. (Note: a student will need to complete this form to allow another individual access to the student’s educational records, including grades, course schedules and financial information.)
- Schedule an appointment to, or if time allows, have a meeting with an academic advisor to map out a plan for college coursework and set a class schedule for easy registration.
- Enjoy a visit to campus! Lunch is free and provided at the event.
Before the event
Prior to the event, participants will need to:
- Apply to LLCC.
- Submit official high school transcript or GED certificate and any additional coursework from other institutions.
- Submit scores from SAT/ACT tests taken within the past five years (if available and if not included on your high school transcripts).
- Fill out and submit the registration form below by March 25, 2019.
Open Reg Prep Day on April 9, 2019:
- 8:30 a.m. – Check-in, A. Lincoln Commons
- 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – New Student Orientation, Robert H. Stephens Room
- 12:30 p.m. – Lunch
- 1-4 p.m. – Each student will complete part of the enrollment process specific to them, such as account activation and advising, Student Services Hallway
Open Reg Prep Day helps you complete key steps in becoming a college student at LLCC. Yet, a few steps may still need to be completed after the event:
- If you made an appointment with an academic advisor, be sure to keep the appointment and review tips for your advising session. You will be working with an advisor to discuss your identified program of study and map out courses for the semester.
- Register for classes via Web Advisor. (Tip: be sure to sign up early to get the classes you want!)
- Make payment arrangements, and apply for financial aid.