About the event
Reg Prep Day helps students turn dreaming into doing. It is a free event specifically designed for high school seniors who have made the decision to attend Lincoln Land Community College and who have completed the LLCC admission form. (Please check with your guidance counselor for any additional requirements.)
The event provides an opportunity for these future LLCC students to complete many of the tasks required before starting college. It takes place during a school day in February, March or April that is selected by your high school, and the high school provides bus transportation for students to the LLCC-Springfield campus.
On average, a student will accomplish the items listed below. Some steps may vary based on the individual student.
- Submit high school transcripts that include SAT/ACT scores. The student’s high school will provide the needed documentation.
- Activate an online account (used for email, online resources and registration).
- Fill out a Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) form to withhold or allow release of information. A student will need to complete this form to allow another individual access to the student’s educational records, including grades, course schedules and financial information.
- Take placement tests if necessary* and as time allows. The testing lays the groundwork for students’ success and getting the needed education for their college and career paths. Learn about and get tips on preparing for placement tests.
- Attend a New Student Orientation Students learn more about LLCC and get helpful information on transitioning to college, how to get involved and academic support services.
- Schedule a future appointment with a Student Success Coach to map out a plan for college coursework.*
- Enjoy a visit to campus. Lunch is free and provided at the event.
- * Note: Students who have earned an SAT score of 480 or better in writing/reading and 530 or better in math sections and/or have an ACT score of 21 or better in English and 22 or better in reading and mathematics are not required to take placement tests. Students not required to take placement tests will have time to meet with an academic advisor during the event.
Reg Prep Day helps high school seniors complete key steps in becoming a college student at LLCC. Yet, a few steps will still need to be completed after the event:
- Keep the Student Success appointment that has been scheduled, and review tips for your Coaching session. Students will be working with a Student Success Coach to discuss their identified program of study and map out courses for the semester.
- Register for classes via LoggerCentral. (Tip: be sure students sign up early to get the classes they want!)
- Make payment arrangements, and apply for financial aid.