Get answers to students’ most frequently asked questions, including computer issues, getting assistance, contacting an instructor, class cancellations, changing a major, dropping a class, nursing program applications, graduation and future semesters.
All LLCC campus buildings and outreach center facilities are currently closed to the public. Yet we are making every effort to keep your education moving forward. Summer 2020 classes will be offered online. Certain science, career and technical classes will meet online for the first half of the summer term, with lab and hands-on learning to follow. View information for students learning online during COVID-19. When classes are in session, please log on to Blackboard and your LLCC email every day to stay up-to-date and on task with your classes.
Blackboard/Information Technology (IT) support
Many of your courses are now located in the college’s Blackboard learning management system. To help you, we have many tutorials on the use of Blackboard available in the LLCC Blackboard Student Support Center. You may also find additional support resources located on the Blackboard’s student help page. If you need additional support with Blackboard:
- Submit a Blackboard support ticket, through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will receive a response in no less than one business day.
- You may also call LLCC Blackboard support services at 217-786-2345 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Thursday.
- You may also call the college’s IT Help Desk at 217- 786-2555 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Thursday.
Microsoft is offering Office 365 ProPlus to LLCC students for free. Learn more about getting started with Office 365.
Please include your full name and your Student ID number when sending emails. Offices are available for phone calls Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you leave a voicemail, please leave your full name, student ID number and your call back number. If you do not know your student ID or do not yet have one, use your date of birth.
- Admissions — Admissions@llcc.edu, 217-786-2292
- Registration — Registration@llcc.edu, 217-786-2292
- Financial Aid — Financial.Aid@llcc.edu, 217-786-2237
- Veteran Affairs — Veteran.Affairs@llcc.edu, 217-786-2216
- Records — Records@llcc.edu, 217-786-4956
- Testing Center — Testing@llcc.edu
Students can contact LLCC Student Success by calling 217-786-2224 to schedule an online appointment or contact their student success coach directly. Student success coaches, career development professionals and counseling support are available Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Student Success Coaches — View student success coach information. If you do not know your student success coach, call 217-786-2224 or log on to Logger Central. Click on Student Planning, click on Go to Plan & Schedule and click on Coaching.
- Career Development Professionals — Career development professionals are available at 217-786-2210, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and online appointments can be scheduled. They have also launched a virtual job board. Career Services can provide assistance with major and career exploration, and employment readiness.
- Counselors — Counselors are available for short-term, solutions focused counseling. Please call 217-786-2224 to schedule an online appointment. If this is an emergency, please call 911.
- Compliance & Prevention — LLCC is committed to providing a welcoming, safe, and supportive environment. During our time of remote working and learning, LLCC remains committed to providing a healthy, equitable learning and working environment. Members of the LLCC community should be aware of the these points regarding Title VI & Title VII. Students can contact Shelby Bedford, compliance and prevention coordinator, at email@example.com or 217-786-4862 to file a complaint and to discuss their student rights and responsibilities. Students can privately confide in a trained and credentialed professional by calling a confidential advisor at 217-786-2590.
- TRIO — TRIO students can access the same services, including tutoring, academic check-ins and transfer information, but virtually. TRIO staff are available through email, phone and Microsoft Teams meetings. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-786-2478.
- Student Life — Students can contact LLCC Student Life through email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 217-786-2241 or visit the Student Life website. Student Life staff can assist with student clubs and organizations, including Student Government Association as well as leadership and engagement opportunities outside of the classroom.
Center for Academic Success
The LLCC Writing Center is closed from May 14, at 3 p.m. until Monday, June 8 at 9 a.m. Remote services will resume at that time.
The LLCC Writing Center offers Zoom live chat tutoring sessions for writing assignments and help via email.For additional writing resources, visit the Writing Center’s webpage.
The virtual math center (VMC) closed for the spring semester on May 13 at 8 p.m. There will be further hours and information regarding the VMC for summer session coming soon!
LLCC’s math center offers assistance to students via live synchronous service.
Online live tutoring assistance for a variety of subjects is available free of charge to currently enrolled LLCC students through Brainfuse Online Tutoring. To access Brainfuse, log into Blackboard and click on Brainfuse HelpNow on the Blackboard homepage. Make sure your pop-up blocker is turned off. Online live tutoring is available 24/7 for most subjects. Hours for all subjects are listed on the Brainfuse homepage. Download a copy of the Brainfuse HelpNow Quick-Start and User Guide for further assistance.
Academic Success Professionals
Students may work with an academic success professional to improve their understanding of course content and learning strategies. Sessions take place in an online setting through GoBoard.com and/or Zoom.us. Students should contact the LLCC Center for Academic Success at 217-786-2396 or by sending an email to email@example.com Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. to request an online appointment with an academic success professional. One of our staff members will assist with scheduling and will provide the student with instructions on how to access the online appointment.
LLCC Accessibility Services assistance will be available Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Students with questions about academic accommodations may contact Kim Eddings, accessibility services coordinator, at 217-786-2599, firstname.lastname@example.org or Elaine Higgason, accessibility services program assistant, at email@example.com.
The LLCC Library faculty and staff are here for you. During this time of remote instruction, we have elevated our services and resources to better accommodate remote interactions and learning. We have created a Remote Services web guide. We have also started an LLCC Library YouTube channel for library and information literacy video content. As a reminder, print books cannot be checked out during this time and books cannot be requested through I-Share. You CAN search for and access electronic books through the Library’s catalog. There is even a short video on our YouTube channel to show you how.
LLCC Outreach Centers
For help with admissions, registration, records and payment services at LLCC-Outreach Centers, use the contact information below. Assistance is available Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Jacksonville — 217-243-6699, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beardstown — 217-323-4103, email@example.com
- Taylorville — 217-786-2754, firstname.lastname@example.org. For student success coaching, students may call 217-786-2778, text 309-204-8913 or email email@example.com.
- Litchfield — 217-786-3401, firstname.lastname@example.org. For student success coaching students may call 217-786-3441, text 217-286-1565 or email email@example.com.
Health and Wellness Resources
Videos are available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: VIDEOS: The Facts about COVID 19 from The CDC.
View a list of available community resources for food, utilities, transportation, homework help, mental health and other assistance in our communities.
Last Updated: June 3, 2020 | 10:54 a.m. CDT