Get answers to students’ most frequently asked questions, including computer issues, getting assistance, contacting an instructor, class cancellations, changing a major, dropping a class, nursing program applications, graduation and future semesters.
LLCC is offering services to students in both in-person and remote formats. LLCC’s hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
LLCC uses the Lincoln Landing App to assist with health screenings prior to attending any face-to-face class or on campus activity. View more information on the Lincoln Landing app.
Registration for spring classes opens Oct. 21! Explore available classes on LoggerCentral. LLCC is offering three class formats: face-to-face, online and hybrid. These formats are designed to provide students with safety and flexibility in choosing their preferred learning environments.
Review information for students learning online during COVID-19. When classes are in session, please log on to Canvas and your LLCC email every day to stay up-to-date and on task with your classes.
Orientation to online learning
Interested in or registered for online classes? View an orientation to online learning. In the orientation, students will discover:
- What to expect when taking an online class
- How to become a successful online student
- Basic online learning technology
- The online learning academic support system
- The next step — how to get started
Canvas/Information Technology (IT) support
Online courses are now located in the college’s Canvas learning management system. View support resources at www.llcc.edu/online, including the LLCC Online Learning Orientation. If you need additional support with Canvas:
- Submit a Canvas support ticket, through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will receive a response in no less than one business day.
- You may also call LLCC Canvas support services at 217-786-2345 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Thursday.
- You may also call the college’s IT Help Desk at 217- 786-2555 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Thursday.
Microsoft is offering Office 365 ProPlus to LLCC students for free. Learn more about getting started with Office 365.
Please include your full name and your Student ID number when sending emails. Offices are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you leave a voicemail, please leave your full name, student ID number and your call back number. If you do not know your student ID or do not yet have one, use your date of birth. If you would like to come to campus or other LLCC facility, please make an appointment.
- Admissions — Admissions@llcc.edu, 217-786-2292
- Registration — Registration@llcc.edu, 217-786-2292
- Financial Aid — Financial.Aid@llcc.edu, 217-786-2237
- Veteran Affairs — Veteran.Affairs@llcc.edu, 217-786-2216
- Records — Records@llcc.edu, 217-786-4956
- Testing Center — Testing@llcc.edu
Students can contact LLCC Student Success by calling 217-786-2224 to schedule an online appointment or contact their student success coach directly. Student success coaches, career development professionals and counseling support are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Student Success Coaches — View student success coach information. If you do not know your student success coach, call 217-786-2224 or log on to Logger Central. Click on Student Planning, click on Go to Plan & Schedule and click on Coaching.
- Career Development Professionals — Career development professionals are available at 217-786-2210, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, and online appointments can be scheduled. They have also launched a virtual job board. Career Services can provide assistance with major and career exploration, and employment readiness.
- Counseling: LLCC has partnered with Talkspace, a telemental health provider, for currently enrolled students. Students can learn more by going to talkspace.com/LLCC. To get started, students should check their LLCC email or go to Canvas for the keyword.
- Compliance & Prevention — LLCC is committed to providing a welcoming, safe and supportive environment. During these unprecedented times, LLCC remains committed to providing a healthy, equitable learning and working environment. Members of the LLCC community should be aware of the these points regarding Title VI & Title VII. Students can privately confide in a trained and credentialed professional by calling a confidential advisor at 217-786-2590.
- TRIO — TRIO students can access tutoring, academic check-ins and transfer information virtually. TRIO staff are available through email, phone and Microsoft Teams meetings. Contact us at email@example.com or 217-786-2478.
- Student Life — Students can contact LLCC Student Life through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, by phone at 217-786-2241 or visit the Student Life website. Student Life staff can assist with student clubs and organizations, including Student Government Association as well as leadership and engagement opportunities outside of the classroom.
Center for Academic Success
The LLCC Writing Center is available to help students with any writing assignment for any class at any stage of the writing process. We are currently meeting with students in-person and remotely via Zoom. Fall and spring hours of operation are Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Students can call 217-786-2341 to schedule appointments. For additional writing resources, visit the Writing Center’s webpage.
LLCC’s math center (in-person and online) offers assistance to students. Fall hours are Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Math Center will also be available remotely on Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Thursday from 2-7 p.m. For further instructions on logging in to the Virtual Math Center, visit the Math Center’s webpage.
Online live tutoring assistance for a variety of subjects is available free of charge to currently enrolled LLCC students through Brainfuse Online Tutoring. To access Brainfuse, log into Canvas and click “Brainfuse Online Tutoring” along the left sidebar. This button will log you directly into the Brainfuse Online Tutoring website. Online live tutoring is available 24/7 for most subjects. Hours for all subjects are listed on the Brainfuse homepage. Download a copy of the Brainfuse HelpNow Quick-Start and User Guide for further assistance.
Academic Success Professionals
Students may work with an academic success professional to improve their understanding of course content and learning strategies. Sessions take place in an online setting through GoBoard.com and/or Zoom.us. Students should contact the LLCC Center for Academic Success at 217-786-2396 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to request an online appointment with an academic success professional. One of our staff members will assist with scheduling and will provide the student with instructions on how to access the online appointment.
Additional resources for content and study skills assistance can be found on Center for Academic Success helpful resources.
LLCC Accessibility Services assistance will be available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Students with questions about academic accommodations may contact Kim Eddings, accessibility services coordinator, at 217-786-2599, email@example.com or Elaine Higgason, accessibility services program assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LLCC Library faculty and staff are here for you. We continue to elevate our services and resources. For a full view of library services and resources visit the Library’s homepage.
LLCC Outreach Centers
For help with admissions, registration, records and payment services at LLCC-Outreach Centers, use the contact information below. Assistance is available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Jacksonville — 217-243-6699, email@example.com
- Beardstown — 217-323-4103, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taylorville — 217-786-2754, email@example.com. For student success coaching, students may call 217-786-2778, text 309-204-8913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Litchfield — 217-786-3401, email@example.com. For student success coaching students may call 217-786-3441, text 217-286-1565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and Wellness Resources
Return to Campus Guidelines – Fall 2021
As we continue our journey through the COVID-19 pandemic, the primary focus is to ensure the continued health and safety of the LLCC community. One of the safety measures to assist with this process is to require that students and visitors complete a health screening via the Lincoln Landing app prior to attending any face-to-face class or on campus activity. The app can be accessed by searching Lincoln Landing app in the Apple Store or Google Play. Once the app has been downloaded, students can select the option to log in with existing account and enter their LLCC credentials to access the app. Visitors can select the option to register and enter an email address and create a password (when prompted to select a role, visitors should select “other.”)
COVID-19 Saliva Based Testing
LLCC has partnered with SHIELD Illinois to provide free saliva-based COVID-19 testing for LLCC students and employees. At this time, community testing is no longer available. Learn more about this testing program.
Videos such as the one below are available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: VIDEOS: The Facts about COVID 19 from The CDC.
View a list of available community resources for food, utilities, transportation, homework help, mental health and other assistance in our communities.
Last Updated: Oct. 20, 2021 | 5:01 p.m. CDT