LLCC’s 2020 Commencement went virtual this year! In these unique times, LLCC held a virtual commencement ceremony on the date and time commencement was originally scheduled: Friday, May 15 at 7:30 p.m.
To watch the ceremony, click one of the links below:
Highlights of the event were the reading of graduates’ names along with their photos, degrees/certificates earned and any awards and honors. The event also featured remarks from Dr. Charlotte Warren, LLCC President; Wayne Rosenthal, Chair – LLCC Board of Trustees; Travis McCullough, LLCC Student Trustee; acknowledgement of the 2020 Outstanding Alum, recognition of the 2020 Outstanding Graduate and remarks from Thom Whalen, professor of art/recipient of the American Association of Community Colleges 2020 Dale P. Parnell Faculty Distinction Recognition.
Those who chose to participate in the virtual 2020 commencement ceremony will receive a tassel, letter of congratulations and T-shirt in the coming weeks. Also, all candidates eligible for graduation this year are invited to participate in the 2021 commencement ceremony planned for May 2021.
Use our “LLCC 2020 Graduate” profile frame on Facebook! (Type LLCC 2020 Graduate in the search box if you don’t see it.)
Remember, while the commencement ceremony is optional, applying for graduation is still required. If you are completing your certificate or degree in spring 2020 or summer 2020, and have not already done so, please fill out a graduation application in Logger Central.
If you have questions regarding your degree requirements, please reach out to your student success coach.
Applying for Graduation
Prospective graduates must submit a graduation application to LLCC Student Records by the deadline for the term in which all graduation requirements will be completed.
NOTE: Applying for graduation is separate from signing up to participate in the annual LLCC Commencement Ceremony.
Prior to submitting the graduation application, students should meet with a student success coach for a degree audit to ensure all requirements have been met for their degree or certificate program.
- Completion of course requirements as stated in catalog
- All financial obligations to the college must be paid
- LLCC grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.00
- Associate degree GPA requirement – overall combined GPA, which includes both transfer work and LLCC credits, of at least 2.00
- Associate degree residency requirement – earn a minimum of 20 semester hours at LLCC. This does not include proficiency, CLEP or Advanced Placement credits.
- Certificate GPA requirement – only courses needed for the certificate are used and must be at least 2.00
- Certificate residency requirement – at least one-third of certificate courses must be taken at LLCC. This does not include proficiency, CLEP or Advanced Placement credits.
Important Deadlines to Remember
May 1: This was the deadline for graduation application to be considered a spring graduate
July 15: Deadline for graduation application to be considered a summer graduate
LLCC calculates honors and high honors for associate degree graduates by combining all credits transferred from other colleges with those taken at Lincoln Land. Honors and high honors are also awarded for certificate programs requiring 30 or more semester hours. Student honors for certificate graduates are calculated by using only those courses needed for the certificate.
Those graduates who have an overall grade point average of 3.50 to 3.74 are considered “graduates with honors.” Graduates with an overall grade point average of 3.75 to 4.00 are considered “graduates with high honors.” This status is posted on LLCC transcripts and diplomas after final evaluations have been conducted by the Student Records Evaluators.
What is the Difference Between Graduation and Commencement?
- Graduation is the conferring of a degree or certificate upon completion of all program requirements. Students are made graduates at the end of the fall, spring and summer semesters.
- Commencement is the ceremony to celebrate the completion of college work. The annual commencement ceremony is typically held in May of each year.
Need Additional Information?
For questions or additional information, please contact LLCC Student Records at 217-786-4956.